Bartone fined by nhra for illegal blower mods (1 Viewer)

All of this started in Gainesville and I don't need nor want to elaborate.......

Unfortunately, modified and blue printed blowers are legal at some events, and not at others depending on what race your at and where in the country. Steve Gasparrelli in his own words said that he had a blower that was recerted in August, modified and blue printed Approved by manufacture AND Sanctioning Body. LEGAL in Dallas, NATIONAL EVENT.
3 weeks later (or so) Same Blower, ILLEGAL in Reynolds for a division race.........How in the hell can that be possible?

In my opinion (and I don't know this for a fact) why would Boggs/Jackson run a different blower at Vegas with excellent performance and then change it for Pomona to only gain .04 in much better air?

It doesn't compute numerically, sorry......

Somebody's miss communicating and / or miss informing the alky class of what is legal and what is not.

Our blower is currently up for recert, so hopefully all of this will be resolved before the Winters.........

Nancy, I heard they are having an Alcohol class meeting with NHRA officials sometime in Dec. Not sure if it's in Glendora or Indy, but this would be a good topic to bring up!

I heard it was something with the overhaul company machining some type of reliefs into the case . . . :confused:

Since you work for a Owner/Driver I can see that, but does Robert Hight or Ron Capps get fined for an Oildown, or JFR or DSR????

The fine is addressed to the driver and then the amount is subtracted from the car's earnings for the race.

Okay, so what is the amount in alky? Well, 2nd round out is a 1900 Payout less 5K which I believe becomes a Negative 3100.00 Quite different from the payout of the classes that actually get paid more than the fine just to qualify.

Nancy, I was just responding to Joe's question about oil down fines in the fuel classes. Sorry for the confusion.

I hear ya Mike, but he is in reference of Bartone being fined and used pro teams as an example since Tony is the Driver and not owner, which I Think was his point.......Then again It's JOE LOL (j/k) :D:D

$5000 is pocket change to Bartone or Jackson so I say big deal! I do think it's messed up that if PSI supposedly did the mods, why aren't they fined and or told to replace all the cases they modified ?

Why do this weeks after the race ended? :confused:

The cars were torn down at Pomona 2, but I have no idea why they are just now making announcements. I heard some of the guys had never had the blowers apart (they bought them complete) and weren't exactly sure how they went back together.

Last edited:
Lotsa speculation but no facts except for the NHRA statement. I'd be carefull about throwing manufacturers or people under the bus unless you know the facts.

Then there's TB's B.S. run in AA/FD at Boise... Brett Harris beats Tony in the finals.... Then at the Rod Rod Reunion, Brett Harris def. T.B . in the finals... AGAIN! Tony and his "ICE COLD NITRO"vs. Hard Working Team... Cheaters ALWAYS LOSE! BRETT HARRIS 2011 World Champion!

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back