Schumacher fined 100,000 dollars (1 Viewer)

fed fine or NHRA fine?
if FED, someone's lucky they aren't in jail

d'kid

Okay, now I've read the link... my bad, but they got off light.

Last edited:
Jenn, good point... I haven't read that section of the rule book... Does anyone know the wording of it or if it states the amount of a fine?

CJ Curtsinger

Jenn, good point... I haven't read that section of the rule book... Does anyone know the wording of it or if it states the amount of a fine?

CJ Curtsinger

Being in Super Comp and Super Gas, I usually don't have much call to read up on the regs on nitromethane either.

My rule book is at the office.

The fine is appropriate,The Feds are serious about controlling the amount of nitro. Imagine a bombing was connected to nitro stolen from a NHRA team,goodbye fuel racing and NHRA. A $100K is a lot of $$$$ but NHRA has to do what it has to comply with the Feds. This is one time I'm on NHRA's side.

Torco Racing Fuel's Competition Plus.com - Drag Racing's Internet Magazine - NHRA FINES DSR

I read this after my post,makes no difference,old fuel is as dangerous as fresh fuel. The amount allowed is the amount allowed,no exceptions.

Last edited:
The fine is appropriate,The Feds are serious about controlling the amount of nitro. Imagine a bombing was connected to nitro stolen from a NHRA team,goodbye fuel racing and NHRA. A $100K is a lot of $$$$ but NHRA has to do what it has to comply with the Feds. This is one time I'm on NHRA's side.

I heard a long time ago that the Timothy McVeigh purchased nitro at an NHRA event in Kansas.

The Alfred P. Murray Building is still in my mind as we went through the area just a week after the bombing.

I'm wondering if there is any wiggle room for DSR since they own multiple teams... Since each team can only have so much nitro, can Ellis "carry" some for them?

CJ Curtsinger

Imagine a bombing was connected to nitro stolen from a NHRA team,goodbye fuel racing and NHRA.

I heard a long time ago that the Timothy McVeigh purchased nitro at an NHRA event in Kansas.

The Alfred P. Murray Building is still in my mind as we went through the area just a week after the bombing.
What would you two be thinking if it was diesel instead of nitro? Fact: diesel would have been nearly as powerful as nitro in the OKC bombing. That fact always seem to be conveniently left out. Should we set limits on how much diesel the teams can have in the pits too? :rolleyes:

Look, I'm not a huge fan of DSR to say the least but even I think this may be a little excessive. What exactly does the rule say and how much did they have? I know DSR was using Pro Nitro (atleast in testing last year) and NHRA banned it correct? Does this have anything to do with that I wonder?

What would you two be thinking if it was diesel instead of nitro? Fact: diesel would have been nearly as powerful as nitro in the OKC bombing. That fact always seem to be conveniently left out. Should we set limits on how much diesel the teams can have in the pits too? :rolleyes:

Diesal is what they were reporting initially if memory serves me correctly.

I don't know if the amount the nitro teams had is as big of an issue as perhaps how well it is secured, but of course, I'm not a nitro racer nor am I interested in obtaining nitro for any reason :)

Look, I'm not a huge fan of DSR to say the least but even I think this may be a little excessive. What exactly does the rule say and how much did they have? I know DSR was using Pro Nitro (atleast in testing last year) and NHRA banned it correct? Does this have anything to do with that I wonder?

I must admit that was the first thought that went through my head after reading the comp plus article, a bit of payback for using Pro Nitro for Testing??

There is always the issue of appeal? right?

Diesal is what they were reporting initially if memory serves me correctly.

I don't know if the amount the nitro teams had is as big of an issue as perhaps how well it is secured, but of course, I'm not a nitro racer nor am I interested in obtaining nitro for any reason :)
I'm just pointing out the stupidity of the rule, that's all. They used some nitro (and diesel) mixed with ammonium nitrate to make ANFO. (ANFO - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) Rock quarries and mining operations use diesel and ammonium nitrate all the time to blow up large sections of earth to be mined. It just makes zero sense to have nitro regulated so tightly while not doing the same with diesel since they both can be used with devastating results. Oklahoma City bombing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
I'm just pointing out the stupidity of the rule, that's all. They used some nitro (and diesel) mixed with ammonium nitrate to make ANFO. (ANFO - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) Rock quarries and mining operations use diesel and ammonium nitrate all the time to blow up large sections of earth to be mined. It just makes zero sense to have nitro regulated so tightly while not doing the same with diesel since they both can be used with devastating results.

i did not know that. Learn something new every day!

Schumacher gave an interesting interview in the Press Room earlier and I believe that the ESPN cameras were videoing it.

I hope it airs on tonight's show...

Listening to it right now... So far, unless something is missing from the interviews it seems like the fine is somewhat pointless... It isn't homeland security (as the interviews on both sides pointed out), so the posts about the fine being low compared to Fed's aren't applicable anymore... If he indeed had a conversation with Light or Compton saying the fuel was acceptable, I see no reason why any fine (let alone one so heavy) should be attatched to him... Please give your opinions!

CJ Curtsinger

Just to make the myth a little clearer

VP fuels is the driving force behind the current Nitro restraints.

I'm almost possitive the current fine was for having Pro Nitro fuel in there pit and not VP fuel. That has been a VP complaint since the inception of the VP (Fuel of NHRA) deal.

The NEW restraints of amount of Nitro in a pit and confiscation of unused Nitro is nothing but a method of CONTROL of the fuel by VP. They don't want you to bring in (I believe the limit is 10 gallon?) or take out (Same limit). This is a way for them to CONTROL all Nitro in and out. It has nothing to do with Homeland Security. Although they do use that as an excuse.

Read this while you can. I'm sure it won't last before the mods take action.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back