Schumacher fined 100,000 dollars (2 Viewers)

Just to make the myth a little clearer

Torco fuels is the driving force behind the current Nitro restraints.

I'm almost possitive the current fine was for having Pro Nitro fuel in there pit and not Torco fuel. That has been a Torco complaint since the inception of the Torco (Fuel of NHRA) deal.

The NEW restraints of amount of Nitro in a pit and confiscation of unused Nitro is nothing but a method of CONTROL of the fuel by Torco. They don't want you to bring in (I believe the limit is 10 gallon?) or take out (Same limit). This is a way for them to CONTROL all Nitro in and out. It has nothing to do with Homeland Security. Although they do use that as an excuse.

Uhhhh . . I'm really confused! Isn't VP the Official Fuel of NHRA? Are VP and Torco the same company? If not - YOU'RE really confused!

I'm with Jim... VP is the official fuel of NHRA... Torco is the official fuel of the IHRA...

CJ Curtsinger

My Bad I meant VP not Torco

And I also just heard the fuel in question was fuel left over and left at LVMS from a test session last year and was returned back to DSR on Saturday for transport back to DSR and or use to test on Monday.

Last edited:
Read this while you can. I'm sure it won't last before the mods take action.

Haha... Sorry to derail the thread and add humor, but I'm picturing men in trenchcoats coming to your house and taking you away for bringing the conspiracy to light...

As for the concept of your post, VP pays a lot of money to be the official fuel of the NHRA... I wouldn't expect anything less than for them to require their fuel be used... It's just the way the business is run... Same can be said for tires on pro cars...

CJ Curtsinger

My Bad I meant VP not Torco

Dan - we were tryin' to play nice - :D This is a very complex issue. Obviously VP benefits from the large price increase, but we have no idea what they are going through in terms of tracking nitro during a race. If Homeland Security is indeed is involved in this, a mistake by VP could have severe consequences.

Haha... Sorry to derail the thread and add humor, but I'm picturing men in trenchcoats coming to your house and taking you away for bringing the conspiracy to light...

As for the concept of your post, VP pays a lot of money to be the official fuel of the NHRA... I wouldn't expect anything less than for them to require their fuel be used... It's just the way the business is run... Same can be said for tires on pro cars...

CJ Curtsinger

Reread post above and put 2 and 2 together.

Homeland security has NOTHING to do with how much Nitro someone has in there pit. Homeland Security says anyone in possession of more than 400 pounds (about 42 gallons) must be registered. If your registered you can hace as much as you want. That is not the issue

Last edited:
Yes, which is why I have already posted that I think the fine was overstepping their restrictions... As far as I can see Schumacher has every right to have it there... He says he wasn't using it and all he was doing was taking possession of it back...

I want to listen to Graham's interview one more time...

CJ Curtsinger

Dan - we were tryin' to play nice - :D This is a very complex issue. Obviously VP benefits from the large price increase, but we have no idea what they are going through in terms of tracking nitro during a race. If Homeland Security is indeed is involved in this, a mistake by VP could have severe consequences.

According to what Schumacher said in the interview, Homeland Security doesn't require tracking as such, only that anyone holding more than 400 pounds of Nitro be registered and keep records. Don said that he was indeed reqistered and has been ever since the requirement was made.

Though the original release a few months back seemed to point at HS for requiring a limited amount of fuel, at this point it sure looks like the limit at tracks is totally due to VP.

Therefore, the previous poster's assertion that the fuel limit at the track was put into place by VP simply to make it easier for them to keep track of who was buying what from whom.

<EDIT> Wow, a bunch of people beat me to the punch. Sorry for the redundancy.

One thing that's interesting though, and hasn't been previously discussed is that Schumacher says that both Compton and Light assured him that Don's non-VP fuel was indeed an approved product.

Of course, he went on to say that there might be an issue of him having to sell it to VP so they could sell it back to him...

Last edited:
According to what Schumacher said in the interview, Homeland Security doesn't require tracking as such, only that anyone holding more than 400 pounds of Nitro be registered and keep records. Don said that he was indeed reqistered and has been ever since the requirement was made.

Though the original release a few months back seemed to point at HS for requiring a limited amount of fuel, at this point it sure looks like the limit at tracks is totally due to VP.

Therefore, the previous poster's assertion that the fuel limit at the track was put into place by VP simply to make it easier for them to keep track of who was buying what from whom.

<EDIT> Wow, a bunch of people beat me to the punch. Sorry for the redundancy.

One thing that's interesting though, and hasn't been previously discussed is that Schumacher says that both Compton and Light assured him that Don's non-VP fuel was indeed an approved product.

Of course, he went on to say that there might be an issue of him having to sell it to VP so they could sell it back to him...

Thanks for the synopsis Dan, haven't had a chance to watch the video yet and I was getting more and more curious.

Well ESPN's broadcast just showed the interview with Graham and he clearly stated the violation was in not purchasing the fuel through VP...

CJ Curtsinger

This is sounding more and more like a bunch of typical NHRA BS! :mad: Too bad Don couldn't sue their asses because it would keep them out of competition.

This is sounding more and more like a bunch of typical NHRA BS! :mad: Too bad Don couldn't sue their asses because it would keep them out of competition.

Correction... it would keep them out of the NHRA... Competition can be found elsewhere... NHRA needs them just as much as the other way around...

CJ Curtsinger

Correction... it would keep them out of the NHRA... Competition can be found elsewhere... NHRA needs them just as much as the other way around...

CJ Curtsinger
No correction was needed. Since I was talking about NHRA it would be kinda pointless to specifically say NHRA in my post.

After seeing Shoe's response and seeing the rule discussed by Dunn and Page it seems that Shoe is in the right and NHRA is, like usual, wrong again.

1320 TV has exclusive video of Graham Light and Don Schumacher giving their sides of the Chinese nitromethane controversy.

Check it out on the Race Day Videos page at 1320 TV

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back