Schumacher fined 100,000 dollars (1 Viewer)

This whole deal is BS!!!

Pro Nitro is approved by NHRA for use during test session and therefore the teams are allowed to have it in their possesion. As long as it wasn't being run during the event, and the "VP - The Official Nitro of the NHRA" was, then there shouldn't be any issue.

As many have noted here, NHRA's greed at naming "official" product for anything has driven the price of racing up for all the Pro categories.

hmm... I don't use nearly as much fuel as a pro team, but I use enough in a year to matter... I've run VP since I was 8... This makes me wonder if I am using the wrong fuel...

CJ Curtsinger

Have a tanker off track property(but obviously very close), the pro teams tow over there and fuel up on the way to the staging lanes. Maybe a logistics hassle but it would certainly get the poitn across

PJ this has and is done at diffrent tracks I have been to. Not a tanker but a tactor trailer rig with drums

WELL SAID PJ, you hit the nail on the head!

Whats that I smell? Greed and someone trying to put someone else out of business.

I don't mind a company being labeled the official whatever of nhra (or any other sport) but when they then get to monopolize the market, rip of the racers and set the rules for the sport it has gone too far. NHRA is supposed to make moves in the best interest of the sport, not their pockets.

There doesn't seem to be much of an appeals process for Don here but I wish him the best. A nitro boycott would be great.

Have a tanker off track property(but obviously very close), the pro teams tow over there and fuel up on the way to the staging lanes. Maybe a logistics hassle but it would certainly get the poitn across

hmm... I don't use nearly as much fuel as a pro team, but I use enough in a year to matter... I've run VP since I was 8... This makes me wonder if I am using the wrong fuel...

CJ Curtsinger

I've been using Sunoco for a few years. There octanes are a bit different but I've seen no disadvantage or advantage (other than a cost savings with Sunoco).

This whole deal is BS!!!

Pro Nitro is approved by NHRA for use during test session and therefore the teams are allowed to have it in their possesion. As long as it wasn't being run during the event, and the "VP - The Official Nitro of the NHRA" was, then there shouldn't be any issue.

As many have noted here, NHRA's greed at naming "official" product for anything has driven the price of racing up for all the Pro categories.

There's more to this story than is being told. Could it be NHRA is having issues with PRO? It's apparent that teams are using the cheaper Nitro for testing at other facilities and they have it in there possition. It's obvious NHRA has problems with DSR, i believe this is second time in two years they have got DSR for $100K.:eek:

This whole deal is BS!!!

Tracks are also allowed to have their own different fuels unless the NHRA come to town with a national event.

Tracks can even throw you out apparently if you sell one brand, and they sell another and they catch you selling or buying it from another a racer.

Few years ago, I came upon a bargain fuel purchase and bought a couple barrels, only problem is, I didn't consider how I was going to get it home since I had four cars in the trailer, plus and ATV and a Goldwing so another racer offered to haul it to the next event for me, and by then I'd have left Dad's wing at home, so I'd have some room.

Track manager saw me picking up that barrell and just about had a heart attack. We weren't buying or selling, I already owned it, but they threatened to have both our tech cards pulled (in both of our cases, he had two cars entered and I had four).

Just a mess.

the Angus Company, supplier to the VP Company official nitro supplier to the NHRA, will announce that it (Angus) will cease to deliver nitromethane for racing from its plant in Louisiana. A highly placed source in the industry told DRO that the Angus CEO has issues with the lack of security and control of the distribution of nitro brought in from China by Don Schumacher and distributed by Evan Knoll’s Torco operation. Supposedly control, tracking and sales of nitro are connected to this country’s terrorism and national security.

The Angus Company sells an enormous amount of nitro for use in industrial and agricultural business, and sales of the chemical for drag racing represents a very small percentage of their overall sales. Evidently they are afraid that they may come under a lot of Federal scrutiny if the Feds get the idea anyone can buy nitro in small quantities over the Internet, which allegedly someone at Angus was able to do.

The bottom line is that apparently the Angus folks want to control delivery, price and supply to whomever ends up selling the product and they evidently want Don Schumacher in particular out of the business. And if that doesn’t happen sources tell us that Angus may take actions that could result in the prohibition of nitro sales for racing purposes

I was under the impression from the Angus news release in 2006 that they would no longer be supplying Nitro to NHRA after the 2006 season. Did something other than that happen? ANGUS to Exit NITROFUEL Racing Nitromethane Supply

At what point does the PRO grow some nads and run Fuel from a source that is in their collective best interests.
I'd think the prerequisite action is to make sure the chain of supply is reliable and adequate (which Schumacher has apparently done). Next, inform the NHRA that they fully intend to proceed using fuel from said source and, if sanctions are imposed, a strike by all members of the organization will be immediate.
The PRO has power that, on the surface, it consistently fails to seize.

In my opinion...

Just because VP is the official fuel (or any other brand/product) of the NHRA shouldn't preclude the competitors from running any brand of fuel they want as long as it passes tech. The teams just shouldn't be allowed to advertise the fact that they don't run the "official" NHRA product.

God, I love the NHRA. I believe that was what Don said at the end of the interview. I love the HNRA too !!!!!. How can you not love someone who is taking the time to slip the old pink steel to ya. I hope Don wins this one with NHRA.

If you look at the offical sponsors of NHRA..and use their logic..

You can't drive anything other than a Pontiac..

Only Lucas Oil, Harleys, UPS, etc..

It's BS all the way around.

Don only started Pro because VP was raping the customer.

At what point does the PRO grow some nads and run Fuel from a source that is in their collective best interests.
I'd think the prerequisite action is to make sure the chain of supply is reliable and adequate (which Schumacher has apparently done). Next, inform the NHRA that they fully intend to proceed using fuel from said source and, if sanctions are imposed, a strike by all members of the organization will be immediate.
The PRO has power that, on the surface, it consistently fails to seize.
Without a doubt. PRO has the power, and it's time that they put it to use!

Just wondering. About this "official product" issue, NHRA has a lot of different products they give the title "official NHRA..." Are racers allowed to be in possession of a product if it is not an "official NHRA" product? Such as possessing Gatorade when Powerade is the "official drink"?:confused:

John, your not supposed to have Gatorade... There are only a few official sponsors that are required to be dealt with... Goodyear and VP are the only ones I know for sure are required... Powerade isn't even "required", you just aren't supposed to have competitors in your pit...

CJ Curtsinger

Last edited:
If you look at the offical sponsors of NHRA..and use their logic..

You can't drive anything other than a Pontiac..

Only Lucas Oil, Harleys, UPS, etc..

It's BS all the way around.

Don only started Pro because VP was raping the customer.

actaully there is some thing about ups being the only compnay allowed to be delivered at a national event, any others, I have been told, get some type of surcharge added. Haven't seen it for myself but thats what I was told. That may be why when the petitions went to nhra, they went via fedex :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back