Schumacher fined 100,000 dollars (1 Viewer)

PJ, I thought If you wanted to ship FedEx or USPS to a national event you could, but that it would just be held at UPS...

CJ Curtsinger

CJ

You can ship with whoever you want but I think they end up taking on a fee.

If there is a limit on amout of nitro per team , what about teams like Kalitta that run 2 cars set up side by side or in some cases 4 cars lined up in a row. The then have 4 times as much as another single car team. Since they do that all the time safely, how is that differant than one single car team having 4 times the max. amount.

My question is are there not DOT regulations about transporting the nitro in the race trailers.

Sandy,

Off the top of my head I think it's 500 gals before you need placards, number 3 diamonds I believe... at one point I thought it was 1000 Gallons before placards,

Nitrohaulic????? answer me Ronnie Boy

OCIR Forever

Sandy,

Off the top of my head I think it's 500 gals before you need placards, number 3 diamonds I believe... at one point I thought it was 1000 Gallons before placards,

Nitrohaulic????? answer me Ronnie Boy

OCIR Forever

Karl,
Its 1000# but 2 drums in the old days and you needed to be marked properly. Now with the DHS regulations, 1+ and you need to be registered and 1000# marked.

I have been following this BS since I heard about it here on NITROMATTER
What a bunch of babies we have running NHRA.
Big deal DSR had several drums (how much was left in them?) but they wern't using it to compete in the event?
If the drums were empty I suppose NHRA would still impose the fine?
who's to say other teams are not using VP fuel. Just refilling VP drums with PRO NITRO? (paper trail would tell)
If I was the CEO over at VP I would tell NHRA to back off. This could get to be a publicity nightmare for NHRA and VP fuel if it hasn't already.

Here’s my take- companies like VP pay a lot of money to the NHRA to be the “Official Fuel” and they purchased the right to set guidelines within the NHRA or any sanctioning body, the monies they pay help build and support the “association” (in theory).

NHRA sold this to VP.

I know if I paid for the “Official Fuel” rights I would want it as such.

Slap DS on the wrist (not a $100K fine), clarify the rules and let’s go racing!

Can I ask a "Hypothetical" question....

"What would NHRA do "IF" Pro had the Balzzz to boycott the next event.. of course ALL the Nitro teams would have to be in agreement .. but everyone here has SEEN how the stands EMPTY right after the fuel cars run..many fans don't even stay to watch Pro Stock... I bet more than 50% are there Just To See The Nitro Cars!

I'm sure NHRA would take notice if only 3 or 4 fuel cars showed up..

Go back and listen to Don's interview. He states that he has Top Screen, CSAT from DHS. This means he is classified as a distributor and can have in excess of 40 gal/400 pounds in his possession. Need to know the rules, a little complicated and time consuming to go through the paper work.
Art

Can I ask a "Hypothetical" question....

"What would NHRA do "IF" Pro had the Balzzz to boycott the next event.. of course ALL the Nitro teams would have to be in agreement .. but everyone here has SEEN how the stands EMPTY right after the fuel cars run..many fans don't even stay to watch Pro Stock... I bet more than 50% are there Just To See The Nitro Cars!

I'm sure NHRA would take notice if only 3 or 4 fuel cars showed up..

I hope they don't plan boycotting Joliet or E-Town, then I would be pissed. You would find me elsewhere.

PJ, I thought If you wanted to ship FedEx or USPS to a national event you could, but that it would just be held at UPS...

CJ Curtsinger

We've FedExed stuff to the track and had to pay a fee but the fee would have been there had we shipped it UPS anyway.

This is not that complicated.

Fact: Since VP has an exclusive contract with NHRA to supply the Nitro, for a hefty fee directly to the NHRA coffers and those big pay checks, Vp has continually raised the price of nitro.

Fact: VP has continually used the HLSecurity as an excuse to raise the price when the HL security themselves have denied this.

Fact: According to Don S. the cost of a barrel of Nitro is about $500+/-.

Fact: According to Don S. NHRA allows him to act as a supplier to VP so that VP can sell directly to the racers and Don S or Pro Nitro can not.

Opinon: It appears that there is something going on behind the scene we are not aware of. A power struggle of sorts.

Of course all this begs the question and that is; How how can Pro Nitro Sell to IHRA, other nitro racers and yes even NHRA racers for testing at a much lower price [while fully following all the HLS guidline] than VP??? So is Pro Nitro Selling the fuel as a loss leader or is VP using it's exclusivity to artifically raise the price of Nitro?

Stay tuned for the next exciting adventure of AS THE NITRO TURNS....

jim

PS: Don't forget that old adage, When in doubt follow the money and you will get your answers.

I spent 8 years pulling chemical tankers. Many times I've delivered 7,000 or however many gallons of this or that to companies that would unload it directly into their 55 gallon drums, slapping THEIR label on it as it went. Chemical companies sell products all the time with their name on them in which they had nothing to do with the production. They just repackage. I could see it if they altered it by adding this or that. Some small outfits do this without owning so much as one storage tank.

And the plot thickens LOL

gee Mr. Light, remember when you could buy a gallon of nitro for less than 5 bucks?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back