Schumacher fined 100,000 dollars (1 Viewer)

After seeing Shoe's response and seeing the rule discussed by Dunn and Page it seems that Shoe is in the right and NHRA is, like usual, wrong again.

Did I hear Don say that he had sold Pro Nitro (which I believe he controls) to VP for distribution at NHRA races - :eek: Also, who is Wego (sp?) and what does that company have to do with the current situation?
Finally, did he say that the current nitromethane supplied by VP should not be being used?
I'm glad some of you have figured out that VP is in control of this situation,
but i don't think that is the case.

the Angus Company, supplier to the VP Company official nitro supplier to the NHRA, will announce that it (Angus) will cease to deliver nitromethane for racing from its plant in Louisiana. A highly placed source in the industry told DRO that the Angus CEO has issues with the lack of security and control of the distribution of nitro brought in from China by Don Schumacher and distributed by Evan Knoll’s Torco operation. Supposedly control, tracking and sales of nitro are connected to this country’s terrorism and national security.

The Angus Company sells an enormous amount of nitro for use in industrial and agricultural business, and sales of the chemical for drag racing represents a very small percentage of their overall sales. Evidently they are afraid that they may come under a lot of Federal scrutiny if the Feds get the idea anyone can buy nitro in small quantities over the Internet, which allegedly someone at Angus was able to do.

The bottom line is that apparently the Angus folks want to control delivery, price and supply to whomever ends up selling the product and they evidently want Don Schumacher in particular out of the business. And if that doesn’t happen sources tell us that Angus may take actions that could result in the prohibition of nitro sales for racing purposes

This ripping off the racers has gone on for years. I remember years ago, I believe, it was Paul Candies threatened to bring an entire tanker load in from China and drive the price down to what it ought to be.

I was told that the price that commercial industry pays for nitro is far lower than what racers have to pay. Anyone in the printing or strawberry industry that can verify that?

Schumaker is doing all of the racers a favor.

I believe Schumaker test using their own fuel. They probably had some on hand to use tomorrow.

Jay

Last edited:
I guess since the HDP deal didn't go through the higher ups at the NHRA are finding "alternate" ways to line their pockets.

Maybe if Team shoe sat out a race....maybe that would make NHRA think twice! Did NHRA ever lobby Homeland security as to how F**ked up that rule is? Looks to me like they just bent over and grabbed the ankles! The idea that 12 years after OKC bombing Homeland insecurity determines that over 80 gallons in the Nitro pits is all of a sudden unsafe? Give me a F**ken break!:mad:

Maybe if Team shoe sat out a race....maybe that would make NHRA think twice! Did NHRA ever lobby Homeland security as to how F**ked up that rule is? Looks to me like they just bent over and grabbed the ankles! The idea that 12 years after OKC bombing Homeland insecurity determines that over 80 gallons in the Nitro pits is all of a sudden unsafe? Give me a F**ken break!:mad:

Joe I dont quit understand where your going here, HS has nothing to do with DSR having approx. 220 gallons of Nitro in there pit,(which was to be used to test with on Monday) It is the fact that the lable did not say VP fuel, just like we(the TF team I was formerly with) are advised that we are not to have GATORADE in our pits. atleast this is how I am understanding this BS situation.

Its all about the $$$ to NHRA. I do not Believe in the Official Anything for NHRA. Why is there not Competition allowed? All this does is make it more expensive for anyone running Nitro. Don Shummacher Has done a great thing importing Nitro. It sure saved us a Few $$$ the last couple years with the cost of nitro. Oh and it Still burns the same.

Joe I dont quit understand where your going here, HS has nothing to do with DSR having approx. 220 gallons of Nitro in there pit,(which was to be used to test with on Monday) It is the fact that the lable did not say VP fuel, just like we(the TF team I was formerly with) are advised that we are not to have GATORADE in our pits. atleast this is how I am understanding this BS situation.
VP is the one that used the HS excuse as a way to force the NHRA and teams so they'd be the ones responsible for transporting fuel to and from the races.

VP is the one that used the HS excuse as a way to force the NHRA and teams so they'd be the ones responsible for transporting fuel to and from the races.

AHHHHHHHHHHH......... since all this has come about since the termination of our team I did not follow it closely

...the Angus CEO has issues with the lack of security and control of the distribution of nitro brought in from China by Don Schumacher and distributed by Evan Knoll’s Torco operation. Supposedly control, tracking and sales of nitro are connected to this country’s terrorism and national security.

Yet, if I'm understanding the various statements given today Homeland Security is perfectly fine with the situation since Schumacher's registered.

Hey, it's just me but this sure sounds like the rampant greed that's caused so many problems for anyone without a golden parachute and stock options.

Sean it's simple, this Rule is BS!!!! NHRA could protest this rule if they wanted to, they choose to remain silent for God knows why! If we're not careful fans could be banned from the pits because of Nitro fumes liability! Think I'm joking?

Whats that I smell? Greed and someone trying to put someone else out of business.

I don't mind a company being labeled the official whatever of nhra (or any other sport) but when they then get to monopolize the market, rip of the racers and set the rules for the sport it has gone too far. NHRA is supposed to make moves in the best interest of the sport, not their pockets.

There doesn't seem to be much of an appeals process for Don here but I wish him the best. A nitro boycott would be great.

Have a tanker off track property(but obviously very close), the pro teams tow over there and fuel up on the way to the staging lanes. Maybe a logistics hassle but it would certainly get the poitn across

What blows my mind with this whole deal is that Pro Nitro can be used Monday at the test sessions. Are you supposed to have the nitro buried in the hospitality trailers until Monday? Maybe I am just confused.....

This is not that complicated.

Fact: Since VP has an exclusive contract with NHRA to supply the Nitro, for a hefty fee directly to the NHRA coffers and those big pay checks, Vp has continually raised the price of nitro.

Fact: VP has continually used the HLSecurity as an excuse to raise the price when the HL security themselves have denied this.

Fact: According to Don S. the cost of a barrel of Nitro is about $500+/-.

Fact: According to Don S. NHRA allows him to act as a supplier to VP so that VP can sell directly to the racers and Don S or Pro Nitro can not.

Opinon: It appears that there is something going on behind the scene we are not aware of. A power struggle of sorts.

Of course all this begs the question and that is; How how can Pro Nitro Sell to IHRA, other nitro racers and yes even NHRA racers for testing at a much lower price [while fully following all the HLS guidline] than VP??? So is Pro Nitro Selling the fuel as a loss leader or is VP using it's exclusivity to artifically raise the price of Nitro?

Stay tuned for the next exciting adventure of AS THE NITRO TURNS....

jim

PS: Don't forget that old adage, When in doubt follow the money and you will get your answers.

Here's one for all you conspiracy experts, no one is talking about the one lane race track since this hit the air waves?!?!?!?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back