Mike Green Fined by NHRA (2 Viewers)

Looks like the fine is not for "pushing the envelope", or for any technilogical violation. It was for berating an NHRA official.

It also seems that NHRA wants to be in total control and Don is making it difficult for them with all the technology innovations they are doing. Maybe NHRA resents DSR pushing the envelope because it makes life difficult for them.

If that's the case, then maybe the NHRA should focus some effort on getting their technical department on-par with the folks that are currently making it difficult for them. Then maybe we could also have Super Class racing without all the electronic bullsh!t, more affordable fuel racing and EFI under the hoods of Pro Stockers. ;)

Sean D

If that's the case, then maybe the NHRA should focus some effort on getting their technical department on-par with the folks that are currently making it difficult for them. Then maybe we could also have:
-Super Class racing without all the electronic bullsh!t,
Just another class of racing, and it was created with equality in mind- lots of classes are created with how much of an engineer you are or can hire (Comp, Super Stock)... Super Classes, for all their faults, puts more entries in the pits, because everyone knows that they all came with 6 bullets in the chamber. Its probably the most equal classes in racing because of the electronic advantage.

-more affordable fuel racing and
Who say's it's not affordable? It's not for everybody- those that can be at that summit in this sport, are.

-EFI under the hoods of Pro Stockers.
If there weren't so many brilliant minds in PS that have historically been the smartest people in the room when it comes to knowing how to turn the rules into an origami dragon, EFI would have been under the hoods a long time ago. But, as we know, not everyone plays by the rules- and the class would suffer if the electronic demon was turned loose. They can't even keep a grip on electronic shock absorbers- what are the odds that something electronic in the powerplant is not going to take a turn twords evil-for-profit given the open door. I for one am entirely impressed at the performance that is achieved on 2 carbs and gasoline. Stunned, and proud that it happens in THIS sport.

;) Sean D

;) back atcha, Sean

maybe the nhra can take the fine money and pay whoever is
analyzing the DSR canopy - bring about some closure to that topic.
how many months now?

facts please.

Totally agree, lets get the whole story. Some officials need to be told derogatory statements, but without the entire story who knows. Those pesky ESPN interview guys are the ones that should for sure get the derogatory statements, sometime THEIR manners have left the building. We will wait to see what really happened.

Rick

As far as EFI in pro stock, my jaw would not drop if it was revealed that some of the top teams have a motor secretly stashed away with EFI on it that is ready to go. ;)

As far as the ESPN guys, I personally think that it's the producers that are telling them to ask those questions.

Back to the original topic, I'm withholding an opinion on this until I hear both sides of the story....

Over in the Indy car series, a team owner was fined $25,000 last week for a tweet. A tweet. Here it is:

@Jbindy4: "Today is the day to resolve TURBOGATE! I hope @IndyCar gets their act together. It has been embarrassing."

Seems that JFR focuses more on safety innovations than performance so they don't hassle JFR as much.
I'm gonna go with: because he's their golden goose.

Force has been fined in the past, and it was reported just as this is.

Alan
If I recall correctly, it wasn't that long ago either. I think it was with Courtney in the car and they fired it up in the lanes on a Mon. or Tues after an event so she could get used to the car.

I know I read somewhere that there was a problem with an "approved part" that the outgoing guy (Dan Olson??) signed off on but the paperwork never got pushed through........

If that is the case, I can see there being a "disagreement" and derogatory comments being made (and deserved??)

Anyone else read that.............:confused:

In the words of the immortal Sgt. Hulka - lighten up Francis....

We don't know any of the facts, nor the circumstances. But we do know that a competent sanctioning body has made a ruling in accordance with a published rule book. There is no "innocent until proven guilty" with sanctioning bodies. Their ball court and their rules. If there is an appeal process in the rules, DSR can use it.

The more emotional you are, the more emotionally manipulated you shall become.

Sheila St.Charles...

Is it just me or does this seem like the first time NHRA would front page dirty laundry? I always thought fines were more of a if you heard about it you know it happend and not something so easy as the main story on nhra.com. There is also a 100% lack of facts outside of the fine. Yes, this should be reported but it should be something you read on a third party site and cant find on nhra.com, I just look down on the NHRA on something that happend outside of the public eye and making it front page news and possibly letting the maybe 100,000 now get to form an opinion about DSR when the article only tells 25% of the story. This should not be front page business.

Agreed. Saw this story on NHRA.com first but came here to the Mater for the real story.

;) back atcha, Sean

Martin, I will concede, to some degree, on the technological evolution in the Super Classes. My response was as much my disdain for the stuff than anything else. But if you think for one second that the lack of ability to police it didn't play a role in their presence, don't kid yourself. For Pete's sake, the race cars are expensive enough as it is. Now you have to have a grand or more in electronics to be consistently competetive.

As for the fuel cars, are you serious? C'mon, man; you don't think the struggle to have full fields isn't attributable to cost? You say that those that are able to compete in Top Fuel already are, and there's no way can I even come close to believing that. The Nostalgia movement is strong enough evidence of that. Bottom line, if there were some controls in place to keep the cars at a reasonable enough speed to remain competing on the 1/4 mile, those controls would also bring the costs a little more under control. I can't help but think that wouldn't bring some folks back, whether it's on their own dime or through lower-cost sponsor packages.

I can't imagine a scenario, in this day and age, why Pro Stockers shouldn't have EFI. I just can't. You make a good point that they can't even police electronic shocks, which brings me back to my original point.........why??? If technology, along with those instituting it, are evolving, then why can't the folks that are in charge of enforcing it evolve as well? It just seems like a weak-suck excuse to continue along the same path just because the system of enforcing/policing it lags behind.

K........your turn! :)

Sean D

Last edited:
Maybe its like a story about a man who paid $5000 to have lunch with then Speaker of the House Tip O'Neill; then unload on him at then end.

Maybe its like a story about a man who paid $5000 to have lunch with then Speaker of the House Tip O'Neill; then unload on him at then end.
Or, maybe its more like a guy who ran his mouth to the wrong guy and had to break his wallet out because of it.

Like it or not, its NHRA's rules. Don't like em? Don't show up. Mouth off? Pay up.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back