Pro Stock Penalities after Atlanta (1 Viewer)

Yes, why? You don't have to race to see something wrong with standing in front of a P/S comming at you.

Or reaching under a F/C to wipe the tire as the car moves forward.

Zappy....
Done both but only with Alky Flops.... never had a prob... but, it would have been My Fault if I had... and the starting line is much safer than working on the E.O.D. Range, hauling a trailer loaded with out dated 500 pounders, pushing over palm trees with a dozer...

"funnest" thing I've every done? Leaving the 405 in a spinning, flipping 63 corvair. That rates right up there with laying a bike down because some old broad decided she needed to take 'that' exit 600 feet before... and doesn't even know she just caused you to crash & burn.

d'kid

Yes, why? You don't have to race to see something wrong with standing in front of a P/S comming at you.

Or reaching under a F/C to wipe the tire as the car moves forward.

....and INDY and NASCAR crews shouldn't come over the wall to change tires and fuel the cars either. I mean, who would change tires and put fuel in a race car with the engine still running, right? :rolleyes:

Was there an in car camera in either of the Summit cars this weekend?

Again, it's a really stupid rule for a class with a windshield and side glass.

Just wondered. Your comments see very newbie spectator.

Nope, very long time spectator. Just practical. Sometimes when we see something done long enough we except as ok. To me standing in front of a P/S on a burnout is asking for it. (my opinion)

Others see nothing wrong with it. (their opinion)

Same for the tire wipers.

I hope for their sake I'm never proven right......

Zappy....
Done both but only with Alky Flops.... never had a prob... but, it would have been My Fault if I had... and the starting line is much safer than working on the E.O.D. Range, hauling a trailer loaded with out dated 500 pounders, pushing over palm trees with a dozer...

"funnest" thing I've every done? Leaving the 405 in a spinning, flipping 63 corvair. That rates right up there with laying a bike down because some old broad decided she needed to take 'that' exit 600 feet before... and doesn't even know she just caused you to crash & burn.

d'kid

Karl.....
we got sidetracked here to safety problems. It started with the fines for PS teams for breaking rules. I'm just saying we need a little common sense.
As I understand it, Smith did modify the shut off. So far that sounds bad.

BUT then we learn that the shutoff device still did exactly what nhra wanted,
but he addes a fuel shutoff. Making the device even better. Instaed of thanking him, they fine him and take points.

Kind of like arresting a man for trespassing, after he runs into a fire to save the home owner, :confused::confused:

As I understand it, Smith did modify the shut off. So far that sounds bad.

BUT then we learn that the shutoff device still did exactly what nhra wanted,
but he addes a fuel shutoff. Making the device even better. Instaed of thanking him, they fine him and take points.

Kind of like arresting a man for trespassing, after he runs into a fire to save the home owner, :confused::confused:

NHRA and others go to a lot of research, effort, testing, and expense to develop and build a shutoff system. They work with the teams to insure that they understand and can implement it, and then make it mandatory. Teams do that, all following the rules.

Then one team comes along and makes it "better". We don't know, but maybe the original developers tried or evaluated a fuel shutoff and found some reason to not include it. In any case, the team that made it "better" did so, knowing it was against the rules. Their modified system malfunctions, and the modifications are discovered when it is inspected to find the fault.

I'm sorry, but they deserve every bit of this penalty.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back