With all the how too save racing discussion (1 Viewer)

How old are you ?

• 20-30

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • 31-40

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • 41-50

Votes: 17 20.5%
  • 51-60

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • older than 60

Votes: 43 51.8%

• Total voters
70 - Still involved running a Nostalgia fuel funny car in the UK. Been playing with that yellow stuff since '73.
Might think about backing off a bit one day. Probably not though.

OK, I'm 74. Caught the bug when I was around 12 years old, Hot Rod, Car Craft & magazines no longer in existence. Knew about drag racing then, never could get out to San Fernando until my dad took me in 1961. Hook went in deep. One thing I notice today is trying to get a newspaper to print articles about drag racing. In Phoenix, we have the AZ Republic, which usually has articles about the nat'l event at Wild Horse & that's it. They do some articles about our oval track, which does Indy Car & NASCAR. I guess today, social media is the ticket. I don't think anyone under 30 reads a newspaper.

65. Still got 30 year old "want to" that unfortunately writes checks this 65 year old body can't cash anymore.

66. Been going to the drag strip since I was10. Was a partner in a super stock car back in the 80's, best time of my life and have been to 100 plus national events as a spectator. Still enjoy driving and working on my 2 Mustangs.

471de69559512ff4f56b896ccedc6389A.png

Last edited:
Yeah, us older folk were all born (gasp) before cell phones and we had to walk to school uphill 30 miles each way and I got my drivers' license with a 1954 Ford station wagon with a 3 on the tree that was my parents car & they had a flat tire with it cuz I wanted to, ah, spin the tires..... I dunno how I escaped "death by parents" cuz of the dumb stuff I did. heh

Am trying to think of a smart a$$ remark to Bob's post (ugly baby) but I'd get in trouble. heh heh

61, First race was a Pro Stock match race, Dyno Don vs Ronnie Sox, spring 1970 at Capitol Dragway. Hooked for life.

47 here. Grew up at the racetrack. My father ran Stock when I was born but had to give it up because of me.

Chris, my mom was a Marine in WWII. She got married to my dad & got pregnant with me, so Marines gave her discharge. I dunno if she wanted to stay in, but she was proud to be a Marine. Louisiana Cajun farm girl becomes Marine.... :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back