Send a Christmas gift to the Kyle CAP Christmas Program? (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
If anyone is interested in sending a new gift(s) for the Kyle (South Dakota) CAP (Community Action Program) Christmas event this year, please send your gift(s) to the following address

Charlotte Kills Straight
% Kyle CAP Christmas Party
Medicine Route District Service Center
P.O. Box 496 - South Allen Road
Kyle, SD 57752

PLEASE make sure your gift(s) arrive by December 12, 2007. They plan the party during the week of December 17, so this will give everyone sufficient time to get everything ready for their party.

Kyle is on Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in SD. Pine Ridge is the most impoverished area of the United States. Appalachia is #2.

Indian kids rarely get anything new, and Christmas gifts may consist only of a piece of fresh fruit and a small bag of candy. They are most grateful for even this small gesture of gift giving. If you would like to participate in this program, which I initiated well over 20 years ago, PLEASE feel free to do so.

Please send your NEW gift(s) unwrapped, with a sufficient amount of wrapping paper, bows, tags, etc. The items will be sorted by members of the community by gender and age group and the elders all get together to wrap and tag everything for the event.

The age range is from infants to 18 years of age. The older kids are more difficult to buy for. In the past, I've suggested WalMart Gift cards in $5 denominations. Everyone goes 'into Rapid' (Rapid City) at least once a month, and WalMart is where they head.

Also, in keeping with their usual Indian Christmas, if you can send out some candy and nuts, this will be a big help as well.

If you would like to make a donation of money so the members of the CAP Office can fill in with gifts as needed per age group, or to help with the food being served to the community, sending a money order is the easiest way for them to receive it. Personal checks are ok too, and both should be made out to the Kyle Community Action Program.

If you have any questions, please contact me at [email protected] .

Please feel free to send this message to any group, organization, church or family and friends that you think may wish to participate. We need a lot of people to participate if we are to fill the need of gifts for this annual party.

........thanks Jackee, I always look forward to this thread. This week at our church the Pastor for our Celebrate Recovery Ministry was asked to put together a team to volunteer at either the Nez Perce Reservation or the Couer d'Alene Reservation to start up a Celebrate Recovery Ministry on one or even both Reservations and since I am a small group leader in the Celebrate Recovery Ministry I gladly volunteered my name to be on that team, I believe I have a kindred spirit towards the Native American Indians, so Jackee maybe you and your church can get together and pray that it will be God's will for me to get to the Reservation and begin a Celebrate Recovery Ministry for the Native American Indians here in North Idaho.

........thanks Jackee, I always look forward to this thread. This week at our church the Pastor for our Celebrate Recovery Ministry was asked to put together a team to volunteer at either the Nez Perce Reservation or the Couer d'Alene Reservation to start up a Celebrate Recovery Ministry on one or even both Reservations and since I am a small group leader in the Celebrate Recovery Ministry I gladly volunteered my name to be on that team, I believe I have a kindred spirit towards the Native American Indians, so Jackee maybe you and your church can get together and pray that it will be God's will for me to get to the Reservation and begin a Celebrate Recovery Ministry for the Native American Indians here in North Idaho.

You've got it Steve. Just be prepared, if you've never been to 'the rez'. In the scheme of things, those two aren't in too bad shape compared to Pine Ridge, which is the most impoverished area of our country. It still breaks my heart and I've been dealing with these people for about 25 years. As my adoptive Grandfather, Garfield Grass Rope told me once... the more you know, the harder it will be. I live with that reality every day in my dealing with these people. The Christmas program is the least I can do for them at this time of year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back