Chrstimas for the Reservation (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
As some of you know, each year I have a Christmas Program for the kids in Kyle, South Dakota, which is on Pine Ridge Indian Reservation.

In a country which has so much for so many people, Pine Ridge is the most impoverished area in our country.... Appalachia is #2. Indian kids are lucky if they get a piece of fresh fruit and a few pieces of hard candy in many communties and they are most appreciative of what they get. I've been doing the program for the Kyle Community Action Program for many, many years.

If you wish to praticipate in this year's program, please send new, unwrapped toy(s) or other present(s) to the adddress listed below. Also please include some wrapping paper, bows, etc. The Elderlies in the community will gather at the Community Center and sort all of the presents and separate them by age and gender before wrapping. Some scotch tape and name tags are helpful as well.

I've seen kids in Kyle still carrying one last piece of the hard candy around months after Christmas. I have a clothing program also, and once I saw a little girl carrying around a tattered plastic wrapper with brand new undies in it. She'd never had anything 'new' and she didn't want to open the package. These people are appreciative of anything they receive. Please try to have your gift(s) arrive no later then December 16th so there is sufficient time to sort and wrap them.

Here's the address for Christmas 2006

Kyle CAP Christmas Party
Charlotte Kills Straight
PO Box 496 - Main Road
Kyle, SD 57752

There are Toys for Tots all over, and many other local programs to help disadvantaged kids, because they are all "visable." I've tried for over 20 years to help the 'invisible' disadvantaged ... those out of sight of mainstream America. I hope you'll join me in trying to give some Indian kids a Merry Christmas. The teenagers are admitedly harder to buy for, but those of you with teens, will know what they like. Indian kids are no different. The age range is babies through teens.

Please send something you would give to your own child for Christmas.

Thanking in advance, anyone who will join my effort in providing a Merry Christmas for the kids of Kyle this year. May the Creator bless you and your family for helping.

PS... Walmart gift cards make great presents

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back