JR Dragster magazine question (1 Viewer)

PJ

Staff Member
Staff member
Administrator
Nitro Member
Is the jr dragster magazine aimed at kids who are in the jr dragster class or is it more like sports illustrated for kids?

I'm thinking Christmas ideas for my kids and if its like SI for kids that would be perfect.

Anybody know, thanks

When my daughter was in a Jr. Dragster 10 years ago, it came with her membership in the Jr. Drag Racing League. It was pretty much the Jr. equivalent of National Dragster. Not sure if it's changed since then.Have a great day!:)

Yeah its kinda like Steve said, it comes with the yearly membership like National Dragster does.....But a better idea would be just to get her the Jr. dragster.......It's better to race than read!!! LOL

My daughter is a jr racer and the magazine only comes out 6 times a year. It also covers the NHRA jr racers, not much more. Unless she is racing or going to, she may not care for it very much.

Is the jr dragster magazine aimed at kids who are in the jr dragster class or is it more like sports illustrated for kids?

I'm thinking Christmas ideas for my kids and if its like SI for kids that would be perfect.

Anybody know, thanks

I have a really nice jr dragster for sale, it's the perfect Christmas gift!

I have a really nice jr dragster for sale, it's the perfect Christmas gift!

I still have a year until she's old enough. I'm game although the wife is not into the idea as much.

thanks for the advice everyone, I was hoping more of an si for kids type of deal. Doesn't sound like this is what I'm looking for.

I still have a year until she's old enough. I'm game although the wife is not into the idea as much.

thanks for the advice everyone, I was hoping more of an si for kids type of deal. Doesn't sound like this is what I'm looking for.

Better start saving up for that jr dragster now!:D
On another note I've know a few moms like that untill they went to a race were there were jr dragsters running, once she see's that their safe, the parents helping out other parents, and how much better the kids get along with their parents she'll warm up to the idea, I've seen it happen time and time again, right Gary.

Last edited:
We run 2 Juniors and the magazine has alot of ads from Jr. venders just like ND, profiles from other racers, stats from division races which are most often older than the ones in ND :rolleyes:.

JR Todd has had some neat articles concerning becoming a better driver this year.

Most of the magazine for a 8 year old would be over their head but if they have a passion for racing, and like to read, the information will be helpfull!

Plus.... its cool to get a magazine, "Just like Dad!"

Last edited:
Better start saving up for that jr dragster now!:D
On another note I've know a few moms like that untill they went to a race were there were jr dragsters running, once she see's that their safe, the parents helping out other parents, and how much better the kids get along with their parents she'll warm up to the idea, I've seen it happen time and time again, right Gary.

I raced for 10 years, won big races and I can count the number of times she came to the track on one hand!

When our first daughter started racing, my wife was reluctant but now I think she looks foreward to raceday more than the kids:)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back