With all the how too save racing discussion (1 Viewer)

How old are you ?

• 20-30

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • 31-40

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • 41-50

Votes: 17 20.5%
  • 51-60

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • older than 60

Votes: 43 51.8%

• Total voters

ironpony

Nitro Member
got me thinking. Based on what I read posted by members I can safely say I know how old you are. I do not know if this has been done before but how about answering a poll about age range. I am going to say based on responses we have an older membership here. This would also go towards showing what age range is interested in racing and which may not be.
I think this will also answer some of the "What can NHRA do?" question.

54 years young.
what does everyone think about expanding the social media footprint of nhra? explanation: allow and nurture other motorsports blogs, websites, and personalities to attend nhra
nat. events. even invite them, with free passes, hotel and car rental if necessary. here is a gal i stumble on periodically when surfing F1 content. pretty successful i'd say.
does she know about nhra? supercar blondie. her statistics are amazing. imagine if she talked about nhra, or drag racing in general, usa or overseas. get the word out.
IMO lots of room for improvement here. forget exclusive rights to nhra content. allow the world to see it, feel it, taste it, talk about it, blog about it, youtube about it.

Will be 78 in a few months. My father who couldn't (or wouldn't) do anything mechanical to a car took me to see Garlits when I was 12 did not see the "Big" Deal that day, but I was hooked. I decided I was going to beat Him some day. Well - I qualified with him once and raced him once and unfortunately I was wrong both times but I contracted the incurable Drag Racing diease and it is all Don Garlits fault.

71 going on 27.
I've been an avid enthusiast since building model cars as a kid. I puchased my first copy of Hot Rod Magazine in 1963 while on an Easter break family vacation in Sequoia National Park - the Tom McMullen '32 Ford Roadster was on the cover.
My first time at the drags was the 1967 Winternationals and that 'set the hook' after my first sniff of nitro. I remember standing at the fence for the entire day because that was as close as I could get to the running cars.
The first time actually participating was at OCIR in early 1970 with my '69 340 Swinger.
Once you're been exposed, you can't be cured!

69 tomorrow. Yikes!

First race: Santa Pod, Easter Monday, 1967. Wet, chilly day. Don't recall seeing any cars run, though they did in the wet in those days. Spent barely 45 minutes there and came away thinking, "Shan't bother going there again."

73! God I got old quick, but it beats the alternative :D. I watch Motor Trend TV and was thinking during the last race, it would be nice to have the live events on that network instead. After all, they have the Street Outlaws shows why not some Pro raceing?

In regards to the above question about what the NHRA can do to up their social media game, they need to radically overhaul their YouTube channel for one. Check out what Formula One (who were formerly very anti-social media) for inspiration. NHRA should be posting highlights as they happen, and the sport is perfectly suited to wrap ups a day or two after the event. Something like 'Top Fuel in Two Minutes' where they just show every run from eliminations consecutively, maybe five seconds each. YouTube is where a bunch of people go when they are searching to become more deeply involved in a topic.
They need to style their video headlines and thumbnails based on the current leaders in the industry, such as Cleetus Macfarland. Instead of titles like "Erica Enders wins her second career race in Dallas" (so dull), make it "Erica GAPS Greg with RIDICULOUS HOLESHOT". It needs to be over the top and excessive.
Get someone in with just a GoPro to make authentic content. I'm imagining someone walking through the pits and capturing the drivers in a very natural way, not the kind of forced and stilted broadcast interviews. My two cents for what they are worth :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back