The 1000' Tune-Up (1 Viewer)

Then the extra 320 feet shouldn't make that big of a safety difference should it! ;)[/Q

Why is it so hard to comprehend the fact the drvers will have 320 feet more to stop? That in itself is a big safety improvement.

My point is that I will live with the 1000' as long as it doesn’t become permanent! I fully understand the extra 320 ft. of shutdown area. It wouldn't have saved Scott at the speed he was traveling. I have on video lots of those horrific top end explosions and situations were the chutes didn’t deploy and everyone walked away.
Don't read in between the lines!

If that is what the drivers want then I respect it. But it doesn't mean I have to watch pretty simple isn't it?
I know they could come up with some alternative after the brain trust get time to figure it out but it won't be cheap.
So the big question will be will NHRA and track owners pony up the money once they have too?
I think its ironic how everyone is patting NHRA on the back drivers included for the rapid action by NHRA when a lot of the prominent owners and drivers had to threaten to sit out if something wasn't done immediately it kind of left NHRA with no choice but to act quickly didn't it?
It was good to see Pro finally take a hard stance to get what they felt was needed. Now that they realize that it does work (sticking together) maybe they should do the same thing to get the payout increased that they have been wanting for years to offset the cost of were the sport is at now-a-days.
I’m heartbroken about Scott, but I’m also heartbroken over Blaine, Eric, Darrell and all the others who have gone before them which didn’t have anything to do with the length of the shutdown area…..

It wouldn't have saved Scott at the speed he was traveling. I have on video lots of those horrific top end explosions and situations were the chutes didn’t deploy and everyone walked away.
Don't read in between the lines!

This is really what I wanted to know. Thanks, Bob.

Here's my point: if an explosion happens at 950', will the extra 320' of difference save someone's life? In other words...was the 1/4 mile really the problem?

I feel as though there are better ways to make the car safer. As a fan, I don't know what those are...but that going to 1000' wouldn't have saved Scott's life. I don't know for sure...I'm just sayin'.

My dad pointed this same thing out to me this weekend. I hated to admit that he may have been on to something.

He asked if I really thought that they could accelerate any harder. If they give it more then tires will break lose, so the short wick therory holds no water.

Kinda makes sense. I was thinking that it was a balance of the hard acceleration with making it last the full 1/4. Maybe not, hopefully this will mean safer racing with fewer blowups.

My dad pointed this same thing out to me this weekend. I hated to admit that he may have been on to something.

He asked if I really thought that they could accelerate any harder. If they give it more then tires will break lose, so the short wick therory holds no water.

Kinda makes sense. I was thinking that it was a balance of the hard acceleration with making it last the full 1/4. Maybe not, hopefully this will mean safer racing with fewer blowups.

Depends how the clutch is set up.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back