1000' racing at Noble, OK (1 Viewer)

tom, find me and I can point her out to you.

Usually not too hard to locate, just follow the Oreo crumbs........:D

be sure to stop by the darvin martinets tad pit and say hi. in all likelihood we'll be the only blown tad there....

tom, find me and I can point her out to you.

Usually not too hard to locate, just follow the Oreo crumbs........:D

Or the person with the DENVER BRONCOS hat with the auburn ponytail sticking out the back :D

Hey Unk, does your wi-fi card work out there? It's not looking good for me to get this stuff for school finished before I go.

Last edited:
Jenn,
Unless they've changed cell towers in the neighborhood should work OK, same card has worked the last couple of years. C'mon, girl, you can make it!

Unk

I'm working on it Unk. I'm four classes away from graduation and if I make the deans list this semester and next, I should make honors.

The weather looks good, the guys have been working overtime trying to get the cars ready for me with virtually no help from me since I'm so busy with studying and even if I could make it to the race shop, my shoulders screwed up so I can only get accomplished what you can do with one arm/shoulder. (which is surprisingly a lot, it just takes forever).

I'll be sure to try and find everyone.

I've been thrashing hard on my Mustang the last couple of weeks and just discovered that I may have a couple of bad injectors in my new combo so I may not be at the track quite as much as I'd hoped.

Jenn - weather looks great!

Will - looking forward to it, I enjoy your sites and commentary.

Unk, I checked my records... I think it's your turn buddy. :D

Safe travels everyone...

Does the qualifying so far ever look weird. No speeds shown for the alky cars and most of the Top Dragster field is quicker than the Top Alky Dragster #1 qualifier (4.46)

NHRA South Central Division news: Thunder Valley LODRS changes for TAD, TAFC, TD, and TS

Thunder Valley LODRS changes for TAD, TAFC, TD, and TS
Monday, October 13, 2008

NHRA has made changes for the upcoming Thunder Valley LODRS event to be held in Noble, OK Oct 17-19. TAD and TAFC will be running 1000' while TD and TS will run 1/8th mile. The Shootouts will also be conducted on the 1/8th mile. These distances are in effect for ONLY this event and will not effect any races in 2009. If you have any questions you can contact your Driver's Commission or NHRA South Central Division personnel.

I never saw where they are running a slower class at a shorter distance... and can't imagine why. THREE different distances for one event. That's just strange and I hope it isn't a trend.

Very interesting seeing two former partners in an Alcohol Funny Car each running a car in STOCK !!

38 4544 B/S Jerry Wilson, Duncan OK, '69 Nova 10.668 11.50 -0.832
58 472 D/SA Jackie Stidham, Chickasha OK, '71 Corvette 11.347 11.85 -.503

Follow me on this....

1000' nitro racing ET's mirror 1/8 mile Outlaw Pro Mods and Outlaw Fuel Altered times...we see 3.70's and 3.80's from the altereds with regularity and 4.0's from the local Pro Mod series.

Now, 1000' alky racing ET's mirror the old 1320' time we were seeing from Top Fuel and Funny Car before the switch.

That's like all the prices at the grocery store ending with the number 9. Eeeerie...and this close to Halloween.

It's too bad that TVRP couldn't have laid in the wiring to add the needed infrareds at 940' to give us some speeds this weekend.

Would you want to be responsible if some one was hurt? Too many fatalities this season already.

Would you want to be responsible if some one was hurt? Too many fatalities this season already.

If you're talking to me I wasn't referring to shortening it as ridiculous. The fact that they're running three different distances is nuts. Sorry you didn't understand that. :)

Thanks for the clarification! I agree that they have too many distances for the fans to understand (660'; 1000'; 1320').

You know what I think should be the scariest thing about making the decision to switch to 1000 ft? The number, itself. Not 900 ft. Not 1100 ft. Not 1052 ft.

Shouldn't that tell you that it's not based on any science, whatsoever? It went from 1/4 mile to that big, fat, round number. That tells me "It's better. We just don't know if it's better enough but, we think you'll buy it for now because of the psychological aspect of the number itself, derived from our numbering system, which is based on the number of thumbs and fingers we have on each hand and, by gosh, THAT number just happens to come after 999, where the next digit starts."

When will actual science be applied to dragstrip shutdown areas?

If there was any real way to determine what the safe racing distance is at each track based on physics for the speed and weight of the fastest cars run there, each track would be raced on at a different distance. Right?

Does that mean that the REAL answer would be to determine what the worst one is, then hold them all down to that? Englishtown would set the curve for Charlotte. Does some university or consulting firm need to be brought into this, or what?

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back