Will Gary Gerold ever get over Team Orders (1 Viewer)

What you stated, was complete stupidity.

Now if I could get someone to weld titanium plates around your hands so you can't type, the Internet will be a better place.

Well said Tony, Jeff seems to always have a case of verbal diarrhea as he is always spewing something that makes entirely no sense or it is completely off base.

Geez guys, why all the hatin' on here? Everyone has opinions and I'm sure some are different than others, and everyone has a right to voice theirs. Were all not gonna agree with each other, but I'm sure we can get along better than this. And, before anyone goes there, I know I'm guilty too.:D

Robert Hight may just pull off the easiest championship in History! Two free round wins at Vegas, I bet they are printing the check as we speak....
I have to call BS on that one Joe! Do you REALLY think that Ashley doesn't want to win the Championship herself? If she could have won that round, she definitely would have, she could be leading the points going in to Pomona. I'm sure John would have prefered to keep Ashley in the fight too................................
In light of recent events, it was a legit question. Ronnie Humphrey had a really bad red light, and quite frankly it looked suspicious..........
except for the fact that Humphreys ran him really hard in Richmond, fastest side by side pass in history!!!:eek:

Who the heck knows, but Humphrey's red light was too blatant, seemed more like an absolute blunder that happens on occasion. I don't know the arrangement he has with the KB team, but if that 3rd Summit car was brought out as a blocker, wouldn't you use it get a round win if you could? If you bring a car out this late in the season to block, then let it beat you, isn't that, like Force used to say, hiring your own assassin? Myself, I don't give the team orders thing too much thought, it's been there for decades, in every form of racing. I don't love when it happens, but I view it as part of the biz side of racing.

You know... I read through this thread and see loads of personal attacks from one mater on another as if the people that read and post on this forum are at fault. What he said, she said, they did or didn't do; the fact of the matter is you are all attacking what happened as if one person or the other here is responsible for it because of their support as a fan, etc. In reality, the base of the problem is the way the rules are set up that creates a situation in which this may or may not have been necessary for a team to retain a sponsor & all of you know how easy it is for teams to bring in new sponsors in this economy, they can just go dial a phone & viola, a new one just drops off a tree. Regardless of how much money a person may or may not have, you are all aware that it's so cheap to run a team that anyone can do it (all sarcasm that you perceive is intended.) That's why there aren't any concerns about there being enough cars at all the races by long time fans that are missing some of their favorite former drivers who no longer have sponsors. That people are attacking a businessman who has been in the business and sport of racing and survived some very hard times in it because they have decided this person took a dive and that he was very upset and he and another driver were on TV publicly having heated words because of what they saw instead of the rules (there are two I can think of) that caused this to become an issue is just incredibly sad. People that know me, know I am not much of a Force fan, but in all honesty, what I see here is misdirected and beyond unreasonable. In a sport that has many changes in the past couple years, a sport that in it's purest form is a race between two cars & the drivers of those cars, I know it's hard to accept something you may perceive as a cheat. Regardless of what anyone thinks happened or didn't happen, there is a point when an adult needs to take a step back and look at the bigger picture to resolve the root cause. Problem is that the governing body of NHRA is perceived to not have a concern about the integrity of the sport or the perception of the fans which makes it even harder to take when there appears to be wrong-doing. Lots of problems here, but the worst is the part that has people calling people they barely know, don't know or possibly have met a few times everything but friend. Flame away, but the whining won't make time turn back and it won't change the real problem.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back