Will Gary Gerold ever get over Team Orders (1 Viewer)

snowbunny

Nitro Member
When Gary Gerold asked Greg Anderson about team orders I thought Greg was about lose his cool, everyone knows Greg is above that but i sure would like to know what he was thinking.

Lay off of Gary, he is just doing his job. If it appears it was a dive, why not ask the question?

what happened to the I HATE JOHN FORCE thread ?
it was up to 3 pages in a few minutes.

It was laid to rest. It appears the JFR fans love to pour it on to the Pedregon's and DSR, but hate it when the shoe is on the other foot and John is called out.

seriously!? there was a 'hate JFR' thread here 3 pages long?
haven't checked the mater since early sat.

- gary g. can't ask what flavor powerade a driver likes anymore,
mite as well ask them about team orders............it's logical questioning
with current rules

- amazes me that john force's mustang 'just won't run'

If Page, Dunn, and Gary keep questioning team orders then I think it helps teams know that it will be brought up and they'll have to answer for it.

In a way, Page, Dunn, and Gary are acting as a public police. Investigative questions are always part of good reporting. They have to objectively ask everyone to stay consistent with what they have been doing since the US Nationals debacle.

I hope we don't slide back down the slope and give the team orders the "wink wink" treatment. Then drivers/owners have would have little fear of backlash.

I don't mind it. If we want to stop it in the long term, public opposition must stand firm.

seriously!? there was a 'hate JFR' thread here 3 pages long?
haven't checked the mater since early sat.

- gary g. can't ask what flavor powerade a driver likes anymore,
mite as well ask them about team orders............it's logical questioning
with current rules

- amazes me that john force's mustang 'just won't run'

Basically it was. Last post i read was from Lynn.

There is often a producer in the earpeace pushing them to ask the question. It may not all be Gerry's doing

If Page, Dunn, and Gary keep questioning team orders then I think it helps teams know that it will be brought up and they'll have to answer for it.

In a way, Page, Dunn, and Gary are acting as a public police. Investigative questions are always part of good reporting. They have to objectively ask everyone to stay consistent with what they have been doing since the US Nationals debacle.

I hope we don't slide back down the slope and give the team orders the "wink wink" treatment. Then drivers/owners have would have little fear of backlash.

I don't mind it. If we want to stop it in the long term, public opposition must stand firm.

Equating ESPN's attempts to keep asking the "investigative questions" about team orders is like TMZ asking Lindsay Lohan if she's wearin' underwear....:rolleyes:

Unless every owner and driver get a wireless microphone attached to them on Sunday, nobody outside of those two people will ever know the complete story about team orders and whether they are issued- no matter what someone says when a mic is jammed in their face.

Equating ESPN's attempts to keep asking the "investigative questions" about team orders is like TMZ asking Lindsay Lohan if she's wearin' underwear....:rolleyes:

Unless every owner and driver get a wireless microphone attached to them on Sunday, nobody outside of those two people will ever know the complete story about team orders and whether they are issued- no matter what someone says when a mic is jammed in their face.

All I'm asking for is accountibility to be demanded. The questions and John Force's interview on SportsCenter are good for letting the owners know there has to be accountibility.

Last edited:
All I'm asking for is accountibility to be demanded.

And all I'm sayin' is that there are no Bibles being sworn upon at the top end, so....;)

Like I'm gonna stand in the shutdown turn with Gary and shoot myself in the foot with my sponsor?...:rolleyes: Not gonna happen, no matter how much the mic jockey pushes...

In my opinion, the team orders questions are justified. After all of the BS with the Force deal, I think these questions need to be asked. Whether or not Force laid down is not the issue here, team orders is.

I know most folks here don't really care about the bikes, but there is an opportunity for some real BS to fly at Pomona. If Hector goes out early and the Harley's have to run each other, what do you think will happen? Hell, Ray Charles could see this one coming.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you are gonna grill Force about team orders (now, any time any Force cars have to run each other) you better damn well grill the other teams just as much.

Dave

Robert Hight may just pull off the easiest championship in History! Two free round wins at Vegas, I bet they are printing the check as we speak....

Force was just able to run a 4.11 in testing. looked like a new car but come awn.....couldn't figure it out yesterday?

This is kind of off subject, but there was a guy walking in front of the GA stands yesterday holding a sign that said "ESPN Bring Back Bob Frey!!". I thought that was funny.
Carry on..........

It was laid to rest. It appears the JFR fans love to pour it on to the Pedregon's and DSR, but hate it when the shoe is on the other foot and John is called out.

I have no problem with someone "calling him out" as you put it, I just don't like to hear someone disrespect Force like the jerk who started that thread did. John is not a disgrace to our sport, never was and never will be.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back