Who gets the BOSS 500 this year? (1 Viewer)

flapjack

Staff member
Nitro Member
OK, so I know Tasca and JFR get the BOSS 500 this year. What about Wilkerson? Do you think he is going to go with the TFX or will Ford/JFR sell him the BOSS 500?

last year they made a big deal about the 'shelby cobra' (or something like that)
decal on the front of tim's fc, so why not get the boss?
personally, who cares, would love nothing more than to see team wilk and
the LRS fc dominate again like they did 2 or 3 years ago; spanking fellow
fords and all the others.

The blue anodized TFX ?

don't forget the decals for the valve covers! you gota have a new tune up for them! or maybe someone is going to break into Wilk's shop and bust up all his motors with a sledge hammer and he will HAVE to change over to the boss motor. . .oh wait! that story was already used years ago!

Last edited:
I realize that the BOSS 500 is not much different than the TFX. My understanding is that Ford tried to make more significant changes but were blocked by the rules. There is a term for the cookie-cutter engines that Indy cars use but the term eludes me right now, and that term nearly describes the type of engines used in the nitromethane ranks.

Anyway, what would be more interesting to me would be the data sharing. I mean, if Wilkerson can get in on the data being shared by the Ford Alliance, that would be awesome for Tim.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back