I'll start some crap... (1 Viewer)

Erica's dad has always funded a lot of her racing. Let's call it private funding. Anyway, she said in Gainsville they were running record times for half the money. Her comments back when the Gray/Victor deal was coming together suggested they may be looking to her for more money. I think that may well be why she went to elite. A bought ride at half the price that runs just as good has to be satisfying.

Yawn. Yes and Ashley is only getting back behind the wheel to see how the New cars drive.

5 to 1 says John gets into a dragster and Ashley is back in the funny car next year.

Last edited:
well if we're trying to dig, what about Erica at the last race when asked about racing Connolly. Seemed like something more was there in her comments...I want to know more

Hmmm. I didn't hear that. But then I usually have my DVR on fast forward during pro stock. Go figure...

I wish loyalty to a manufacturer still mattered. Owners, drivers, and fans. It's a huge part of what is missing, and has changed just how much the rivalry in racing has lessened. Many want to talk about Points, drivers being polite, and $$ costs. They are correct. But rooting against a Ford meant every bit as much to me as rooting for a Chevy at one time. It was part of the expierence. As an example, when Whit switched from the Winston Ford to Winston Camaro Z28 my thoughts on him for raceday changed completely. But whatever now right. It's disappointing to me (even as an anti-Ford guy) that Tasca would go to another Dodge team for help while claiming to be the "Ambassador for Ford" Hell, but whatever.

You'll start some crap... and I'll continue it :)
I went to my local Ford dealer looking for some "Boss 500" parts, but they didn't have any. They said that's a HEMI. Apparently the JFR cars aren't real Fords either.
<heads to microwave for popcorn>
They'd ALL be using Ford based motors if NHRA hadn't outlawed them.

Love this comment from Bob...
“I really have a short list of people whose opinions matter to me,” Tasca told CompetitionPlus.com. “And, I checked, and Robert Hight is not on that list. If John Force had something to say, I’d listen to it closely. But Robert Hight, he isn’t on my list of people who matter.”

i agree, if toyota, mopar or chevy? "pony" up free bodies for bob next year, he will switch and run the corresponding
decaling.....if they do not, why not stick w/current inventory and the fella' stamping them in R.I.?
give him credit too for sticking w/same c.c.'s; a move may be lateral at best.

I say JFR goes Chevy while Bob stays Blue Oval no matter what.

Don't kid you're self
With 2 little ones, I don't see racing full time as being real high on her priority list. John is going to have a hard enough time to find sponsors for 2 full time cars let alone 3. Don't kid yourself. :eek: Like I said before, the only way she comes back full time is if a sponsor specifically says they want her in the seat.

Tasca's my guy in NFC anyway, but good on him. I'm glad he spoke out against Robert, while still showing the respect to John. The fact that the article mentions that the Tasca decal left Robert's car first, then the others is telling. I have to wonder if Robert, as president of JFR, has misdirected some of his frustration of Ford leaving toward Tasca, because of the Tasca family's involvement in getting Force and Ford hooked up. John may be playing good boss in allowing Robert to make the call to end the Tasca reference on all cars. Nonetheless, I think Robert's kind of full of crap on this. While the JFR BOSS 500 motor program is labeled as "Ford" (I'm not doing that debate right now, though), I'd be hard pressed to believe that there is anything blue oval about the clutch program or the blowers. One has to wonder if Robert Hight would've ever been a Funny Car driver, winner, and champion, had there not been the Tasca family's involvement with his father in-law.

I agree with Rob that I think Force will go Chevy and Tasca will stay Ford bodied, on a licensing deal with Ford to run it, especially since he has invested in sourcing the bodies himself. Perhaps you may see Wilkerson do the same.

Last edited:
I don't see how a blower insert and clutch parts from DSR makes Tasca's FC not a "true blue Ford". If he's running the BOSS500 I don't see the issue. Even a GT500 from Ford has a blower on it made by another company, not Ford. Unless I'm missing something obvious :) Oh and it's all good IMO if Force ends up with either Dodge or Chevy. A FC C7 Vette would be nice to see :)

Seems really out of character for Robert. Everybody's entitled to have a bad day, hope that's it. Acting like that doesn't help him in my opinion.

Rick

With 2 little ones, I don't see racing full time as being real high on her priority list. John is going to have a hard enough time to find sponsors for 2 full time cars let alone 3. Don't kid yourself. :eek: Like I said before, the only way she comes back full time is if a sponsor specifically says they want her in the seat.
Hight might be the odd man out if they want Ash. Love to see JFR have the 1st Caddy FC in NHRA

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back