I'll start some crap... (1 Viewer)

Randy

Nitro Member
While watching the show on Sunday, Robert Hight had a few things to say about Tasca after beating him. One thing that stuck out was "It's not a REAL Ford...", etc. Force's cars used to say "TASCA" on the front of them but they don't now...and Force lost Ford for next year. Maybe a little "crap" going on? Robert Hight is the president of JFR so does that mean he's had some discussions with the Boss about this before feeling free to speak on camera?

Andy's link is probably a bit more on target than the "Ford vs. Dodge" battle... Tasca was privy to a bit more of the JFR technology than most (including, but not limited to, Wilkerson...), so when he accepted/requested assistance from DSR- at the time, the cars to beat in FC, the crew at JFR had to be a bit nervous about what ideas were rolling across the road in Brownsburg.

It doesn't help that the Tasca car has picked up a bit on the performance side as well since the car has had Dark Side Racing parts on it....

I don't see Tasca not running the Mustang body, since he developed his own body which is build in Bristol, RI..... I don't know all the facts but it sounded like Force was not sharing the Ford info with Tasca liked agreed. I don't know if the agreement was written or just a handshake.....as for a true Ford, that Ford Boss 500 is as much a Ford as....

Paul Weiss

Since Ford is pulling out at the end of this year Tasca will probably be in a Dodge since they are also a Dodge dealer http://www.tasca.com/

I would bet Tasca still runs a Ford body unless he gets other factory help. He already has a nice stash of Mustang Bodies, and he has that powerboat company doing them for him.

Tasca has a history of going with the fast crowd, and not having much to show for it. When Wilkerson had his near championship year, Tasca was right there to get with that program. Heck I think they left the Pomona Finals and went right to Vegas to test with Tims combo in it. Then Force was fast for a couple years, and he was running some of Force's stuff, then DSR was fast, and he switched to some DSR stuff. Without looking at numbers he's probably only about .500 on making the countdown since he started. I do give Tasca a lot of credit for sticking with his crew chiefs so long. A lot of other teams would have sent them packing a long time ago.

Not to derail this thread, but along similar lines, anybody know the beef Torrence appears to have with JR? He seemed awfully fired up after his 2nd round win yesterday and mentioned taking JR out at the knees. Something dating back to their days racing for Tuttle or just in the heat of the moment?

i agree, if toyota, mopar or chevy? "pony" up free bodies for bob next year, he will switch and run the corresponding
decaling.....if they do not, why not stick w/current inventory and the fella' stamping them in R.I.?
give him credit too for sticking w/same c.c.'s; a move may be lateral at best.

Since Ford is out next year Tasca could drive for the Don. All he has to do is write a fat check like Hagan does and he is instantly in championship equipment - like Hagan is. And, Tasca can write the check.
JFR was pretty much told to give Tasca all their stuff by Ford and then Tasca turned on them because he felt he could run better with parts and tech support from the Don. Those hard feelings have probably festered since then. That may have been the start of the Tasca relationship with the Don. Don always has been able to sniff out and glom onto sources of $$$ very well.
I think the Steve T/JR deal is just ego and that is probably good for all concerned from a publicity standpoint.

Tasca must be desperate to do alot better than he has done in the past several yrs. In fact his performance since he got into fuel funny car has been unimpressive. Seems to me he will go where he has to so he can get into the top 5 .His driving is not the problem so--- that might mean DSR or new crew chief or both.

I think it is funny that ford sells a true hemi in production cars, the hemi that dodge sells is closer to a wedge ( still a bad ass motor though )

Ehh, at the risk of sounding like a troll, Robert just never has seemed "genuine" when on camera. It's like he tore a page out of JFR's notebook and is trying to make himself a clone anytime someone asks him a question. "...excited tone of voice?" Check. "...always plug as many sponsors in 10 seconds?" Check. Force sounds scatterbrained and excitable because he IS scatterbrained and excitable. When Robert Hight does it it comes off as unnatural and scripted because it IS unnatural to him and obviously scripted. Same thing goes for more than a few of today's "manufactured" talent. Wanna see the real deal? Ask Warren Johnson a question sometime. Same goes for Bazemore, Tommy Johnson, Johnny Gray, Gary Densham or Tim Wilkerson. Can you ever imagine Don Garlits creating some fake, "on-air" persona like that? That's why Don Garlits is revered and why the likes of today's paycheck drivers will never be.

well if we're trying to dig, what about Erica at the last race when asked about racing Connolly. Seemed like something more was there in her comments...I want to know more

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back