I'll start some crap... (1 Viewer)

If the support from Quicklane and Motorcraft goes away from Tasca, I doubt he'll run fuel funny car, particuarly when he can do what the Skillmans, do race cars (Cobra Jets) in stock and Super Stock that are very much like the cars they sell. Plus, racing those cars is a WHOLE LOT CHEAPER than racing a fuel funny car.

Ehh, at the risk of sounding like a troll, Robert just never has seemed "genuine" when on camera. It's like he tore a page out of JFR's notebook and is trying to make himself a clone anytime someone asks him a question. "...excited tone of voice?" Check. "...always plug as many sponsors in 10 seconds?" Check. Force sounds scatterbrained and excitable because he IS scatterbrained and excitable. When Robert Hight does it it comes off as unnatural and scripted because it IS unnatural to him and obviously scripted. Same thing goes for more than a few of today's "manufactured" talent. Wanna see the real deal? Ask Warren Johnson a question sometime. Same goes for Bazemore, Tommy Johnson, Johnny Gray, Gary Densham or Tim Wilkerson. Can you ever imagine Don Garlits creating some fake, "on-air" persona like that? That's why Don Garlits is revered and why the likes of today's paycheck drivers will never be.

This^^^^

With 2 little ones, I don't see racing full time as being real high on her priority list. John is going to have a hard enough time to find sponsors for 2 full time cars let alone 3. Don't kid yourself. :eek: Like I said before, the only way she comes back full time is if a sponsor specifically says they want her in the seat.

Being a racing family is a different way of life, Ashley not in a race car because She's a mom? Thats a bit of archaic thinking now isn't it. Force is all about winning champoinships, do you think the Girls are not going to ? why?, because they are Girls? Lets ask Ms Muldowney, she may have something to say on that subject .

Force having a hard time finding sponsors? How about Force having a hard time finding room on the side of the cars for ALL of the names.

Being a racing family is a different way of life, Ashley not in a race car because She's a mom? Thats a bit of archaic thinking now isn't it. Force is all about winning champoinships, do you think the Girls are not going to ? why?, because they are Girls? Lets ask Ms Muldowney, she may have something to say on that subject .

Force having a hard time finding sponsors? How about Force having a hard time finding room on the side of the cars for ALL of the names.
By this logic, if Force has no problem finding sponsors, and Ashley does have the desire to be in the car, why is there not a 4th JFR Funny Car out there?

I think it's huge "apples to oranges" in comparing Ashley to Courtney and Brittney, in terms of where they are at in life. Let's not forget Ashley has had two kids in less than two years. Maybe this was planned, but maybe it wasn't. So, I'd venture to think that if she was considering coming back after the first kid, that may have been derailed once #2 was on it's way. The loss of Eric Medlen may have changed things for all involved as well.

By this logic, if Force has no problem finding sponsors, and Ashley does have the desire to be in the car, why is there not a 4th JFR Funny Car out there?

I think it's huge "apples to oranges" in comparing Ashley to Courtney and Brittney, in terms of where they are at in life. Let's not forget Ashley has had two kids in less than two years. Maybe this was planned, but maybe it wasn't. So, I'd venture to think that if she was considering coming back after the first kid, that may have been derailed once #2 was on it's way. The loss of Eric Medlen may have changed things for all involved as well.

Interesting, I guess we will have to go to the races and see how it all pans out.

Interesting, I guess we will have to go to the races and see how it all pans out.
Ashley said today she isn't coming back full time, she is just keeping her license active in case of an emergency situation. She also said she isn't even sure she will be comfortable in the car because since becoming a mother she is now more nervous about everything. I was just pointing out the obvious in my previous post where you said my view was "archaic". My view had nothing to do with gender and everything to do with being a parent and her priorities changing. Like Martin said, Morgan has pulled back his schedule so he can do what's best for his family and with Ashley being the only parent (her husband is a co-CC on Courtney's car) home on race weekends I can see even more why she wouldn't want to race full time. Family is always first!

The Force's have become the gold standard of racing familys, whatever happens Im sure it will keep us all on the edge of our seats, and blowing up all the social media sites .

John Force said, "Ford and Castrol hit me for 60% of my budget. If I don't replace that, I can't race. My machine is too big, you know what I mean? " :eek:

Reportedly JFR's annual backing from Ford was $8 million – 40 percent of the team's annual $20 - $22 million budget.

Reportedly JFR's annual backing from Ford was $8 million – 40 percent of the team's annual $20 - $22 million budget.
No wonder why Ford is getting out, that's a lot of money to not have more advertising space than a blue oval on the side of body you can barely make out as a Mustang. Tasca has Ford as his primary backer and I can guarantee they aren't giving him anything close to $8m a year.

But then again, Tasca isn't racing for nothing and what does Ford get for it's money from him? A car that unfortunately is usually in the trailer at the end of round 1? At least Force has a pile of cars that are always seemingly in the finals or that the media is fawning over. Like him or not, Force's sponsors get their money's worth.

As much as it pains me to say it, that's so true, Jim. The Force juggernaut is very good at keeping themselves in the public eye

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back