I bet changes will be coming for next year. (1 Viewer)

Norm,
What do mean almost? Has my wife been misleading my ego again.;) It's great to hear you're still around with the rest of us old guys. I hope everything is well. Back to business......A good friend and chassis builder stated that "It's all geometry and keeping in mind that 1 + 1 will always = 2" Webster's version, 1 a: a branch of mathematics that deals with the measurement, properties, and relationships of points, lines, angles, surfaces, and solids; broadly. I know that you've welded your fair share of tubing into masterpieces. Some of which are still tearing up dragstrips on a regular basis. Keep in touch.

KS
www.hotrodsbystith.com

Randy G- you've seen my personal notes to you on some of this and we've known each other for about 25 years and I respect your intellect and philosophy on Drag Racing BUT

I have to take exception to your statement that the Funny Car Spec is "FINE"

No it is NOT and it needs a complete study as the Larue and Davis studies have done with Top Fuel.

The hardened tubing is, of course, a GROSS mistake, but the forces being applied today are no way totally understood yet in either nitro category and you TAFC guys may be closer to the danger zone than you think.

The hardened tubing fiasco should be a wakeup call to COMPLETE REFORM of the fueler specs. Done by people other than a Community College educated builder (as am I) but rather with the vast technical resources that today we have available.

Good to see the almost world's best T-Shirt printer posting-Hi. Kevin!

Off my soapbox!

NSP

Norm:

Always glad to see when someone of your ability chimes in, even though Top Gas did go with an index as I recommended back when OCIR was still open. LOL.

Not long after that I jumped ship and built my first TA/FC because I didn't like index racing.

Hight's current Plueger car should be captured in a picture and posted in the SFI manual as the definition of the current SFI chassis spec built literally, not "equivelant to."

We'll see how he does, but Plueger's cars are not having any issues. Neither are Grant Downing's CSK fleet of cars. Both are very similar to each other.

I stand by my statement that the current SFI spec taken literally is fine.

RG

Since all 4 Force cars are competing this weekend do you think they have made even more changes to the other 3 cars?

Since all 4 Force cars are competing this weekend do you think they have made even more changes to the other 3 cars?

I would venture to guess that whatever changes they made met with the approval of John. They're not going to strap another driver in an accident looking for a place to happen. It would be interesting to hear if anyone at Victory has slept this week.

KS
www.hotrodsbystith.com

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back