Nitro Ally shop tours during the Indy 500 week (1 Viewer)

Sounds like Indy Car racing is about to get REAL expensive!

There will be a price cap on "common" parts such as chassis, gearboxes, tubs, driver's capsules and the manufacturers of engines will also have a cap on engine lease prices. Teams like Penske and Ganassi will spend a ton working out their own aero packages for the new rules though.

The true benefit of the new rules and pricing structure will be stability, so the teams will know how much they have to spend for years to come. It may not be much cheaper than it is now, but it won't be much more expensive, and it won't escalate in the coming years either.

There will be a price cap on "common" parts such as chassis, gearboxes, tubs, driver's capsules and the manufacturers of engines will also have a cap on engine lease prices. Teams like Penske and Ganassi will spend a ton working out their own aero packages for the new rules though.The true benefit of the new rules and pricing structure will be stability, so the teams will know how much they have to spend for years to come. It may not be much cheaper than it is now, but it won't be much more expensive, and it won't escalate in the coming years either.

You're correct about the money the gorillas will throw at aero - they may be required to sell their package to other teams, but I'll bet there might be subtle differences in what the "customers" get. Chip and Roger will spend anything to gain an advantage and this will probably lead to them being even more dominant. Their oval cars have no decals . . . everything is painted and clearcoated. Attention to detail is unbelievable.
So . . . the question is whether Tony Cotman will resist the urge to tinker with the rules!
On a side note, I wonder what will happen at our favorite Speedway restaurant, Charlie Brown's, with the new Dallara facility being completed literally across Main Street. Liz has been known to get on the speaker to encourage people to eat faster because people were waiting in line! - :D

I have to make it down to Indy for the 500 before I am moved away from the Midwest. I have been to the Indy car race the last 2 years at Chicagoland and I was floored by 2 and 3 wide side by side racing. It was a great show!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back