BOSS 500 becomes the Chevy what now (1 Viewer)

flapjack

Staff member
Nitro Member
So they rebranded the BOSS 500. Yes I know it wasn't really a Ford engine to being with, just a tweak on the venerable HEMI with Ford labeling, but Ford had some input on it - I imagine they were involved at the design level on the tweaks, hence the branding, But just call it the JFR 500. Yes I know the TFX was a Rodeck design, but at least AJPE kept the original name.

Why did the 16x Champ put Chevy emblems on his Ford engines?

The same reason why my friend put Ford emblems on his vacuum cleaner.....so it would suck more! :D:p:D

Why did the 16x Champ put Chevy emblems on his Ford engines?

The same reason why my friend put Ford emblems on his vacuum cleaner.....so it would suck more! :D:p:D

I've seen First On Race Day and Found On Road Dead. Doesn't matter to me. I'd like to see the reaction on this board if Toyota stepped into the fray and offset the cost of making tweaks to the HEMI like Ford did with the BOSS 500 and offering it to the teams that run "Camry" bodies.

Jay, no offense but if you were as old as some of us/me you'd know it looks mostly like the after market Chrysler Hemi that's been around for the better part of 45 years.

John; I can vouch for Jay......I raced T/F against him in the "60's at San Fernando!
I think his sarcasm is sort of what us old timers used to hear from Oral Roberts and Billy Graham "you gotta believe"

John; I can vouch for Jay......I raced T/F against him in the "60's at San Fernando!
I think his sarcasm is sort of what us old timers used to hear from Oral Roberts and Billy Graham "you gotta believe"

Forgive me guys..I guess in my elder years I am just way to grumpy and fail to reconize good honest sarcasm. By the way I managed a trip or two your way with our car. No tracks open in the winter in Okla and too darn cold for those "brand X" hemi's to start anyway.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back