What Kind of DSLR do you have? (1 Viewer)

That's the one that I was looking at, Merry Christmas to me, Merry Christmas to me :)

I think the local retail shop has it for $210 but I'm on a tighter budget right now. What I might do is convince my brother that he really really needs one for his rebel, and then once he gets it, I'll test it out for him. :p

Yesterday the pro photog I work with showed up at something I was covering (another story for another time, but I already was shooting, had been for an hour ...) so I told him he didn't have to stay if he had other, more pressing things to do.

One of his more pressing things to do (keep in mind he uses a Mark II issued by the company) was to dump his hard drive on his MacBook (also company issued) because it was chock full of photos. Guess he was shooting raw, huh? :p

This weekend I really am going to sit down, look through the manual, and learn at least what some of the other settings on my camera are for. Heh.

I want a big flash, too, but my photog yesterday suggested getting a Gary Fong diffuser (hope I'm getting that right) to put in the um, shoe, I think he said to help pep the light my pop up flash provides.

I'm thinking of putting a long lens on my Christmas wish list ... something in the 200 or 300 range.

Thoughts?

I would check out some of the Sigma digital lenses. They work very well and are 1/4 the price of a comparable Canon or Nikon lens and gets, what I feel, is similar results.

To get the best results, make sure whatever you get for a lens is a "digital" lens. There is quite a difference in lenses designed for analog camera and ones for digital cameras.

Anne currently has a Cannon D30 and 3 lenses.
A 135 fixed F/2L usm and a 24-70 F/2.8L USM and a 70-200 F/2.8 IS USM

She seems very happy with them and shoots mostly in raw, as she also loves learning/playing with Photoshop. :cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back