Something a little different: video of Jack Wyatt and Dale Creasy Jr (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member

I shot this at the Cedar Falls Raceway Night of Fire last summer. There's a viewing platform that's about 4 ft high behind the starter area so I cranked my tripod up about 5 ft tall and stuck my camcorder on it and let it run while I ran over to the right wall to take photos with my DSLR. Caution: the audio starts out very quiet and then gets very loud on the burnout and launch.

I use a Panasonic HC-X920 camcorder and Audio-Technica Pro 24-CM microphone. In order not to get a ton of audio distortion I have to lower the recording level down -30 dB but it still pegs the meters.

Ha you can tell when they came off the concrete pad.
Brent, are you going to be there again this year ??

Ha you can tell when they came off the concrete pad.
Brent, are you going to be there again this year ??
It was incredible how much it shook my body when they both pedaled, especially Dale's car since it looked like he was really mixing up cylinders.

I definitely plan on going again this summer.

The Nitro Outlaw race at Dallas was interesting. Del Worsham won in a funny car. The teams were running 79%, track temp 130, so no real great times. Cory Mac gave some good interviews & he got runner-up. I saw the first race at Phoenix. The funny cars didn't put on a good show at all, but they are getting better. Lex Joon was re-licensing in T/F. Be good to see him run this series.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back