Want to watch Winternats on TV? (1 Viewer)

I did a little research on ESPN 3 and it seems they will be showing the events live again this year.

Here is the current schedule for both ESPN 2 and ESPN 3 for the next couple of events:

Watch Live Sports Events and ESPN Programs Online and on Mobile Applications - WatchESPN

I really enjoy the ESPN 3 deal. Glad to see it continuing this season.

I hope they also do the "loose" fridays like at events last year with Twitter interaction and more Lewis Bloom ;)

I would enjoy ESPN3 too if my ISP was in cahoots with ESPN. Unfortunately it isn't so I can't watch.

why not MAVTV?
- first off - natural tie in with forrest
- mavtv is a new network - nhra would lend great credibility to it
- nhra most likely pays too much(espn) for same annual paltry ratings
- mavtv just as likely to pull in new viewers as espn, speed, or other
- i do not think mavtv is in 'premium' package of most providers (??)
- time slots would be fulfilled
- possible flexibility with time allowance for live programming
- possible return of 'nhra today' or similar
- consistent sat. nite qualifying show
and.....
- brainerd to be renamed 'MAVTV Nationals' with sat. night elims., followed
two hours later by brief winner's ceremony on stage @ band shell, followed
immediately by annual fireworks extravaganza :cool:

Several points on this:

1) MAVTV was bought outright by Lucas Oil last September (the press release is on their web site). Not sure how the other companies like Valvoline and so on would feel about the network being owned by a competitor?
2) MAVTV is tiny, with audience reach measured in the low millions. That'd be quite a step down from ESPN's reach to nearly every house in the country.
3) As an indication of #2, the purchase price for MAVTV was reported to be $15m. You read that right... fifteen. Ouch.

Holding your breath for MAVTV to be the NHRA's home is probably not a good idea...

Several points on this:

1) MAVTV was bought outright by Lucas Oil last September (the press release is on their web site). Not sure how the other companies like Valvoline and so on would feel about the network being owned by a competitor?
2) MAVTV is tiny, with audience reach measured in the low millions. That'd be quite a step down from ESPN's reach to nearly every house in the country.
3) As an indication of #2, the purchase price for MAVTV was reported to be $15m. You read that right... fifteen. Ouch.

Holding your breath for MAVTV to be the NHRA's home is probably not a good idea...

for sure it's a long shot - but if negotiations with espn fail (some year
in the future), where do you turn?....was throwing it out there as a potential
option. maybe someday a channel such as MAVTV will host the US Nationals;
now wouldn't that be in everyone's best interest.
(just as certain NFL games are on the NFL Network and not available
to all viewers)

TV times posted on NHRA.com Sat. 02/11 11:00pm-1:00am est.
Sunday 02/12 Elems. 7:30pm-11:00pm est. 4 hours of Paul Page babbling!
Maybe a full track clean-up play by play!
That IS IF ESPN2 doesn't have to pre-empt the Dragracing with a Spelling Bee!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back