Want to watch Winternats on TV? (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
Me too! Unfortunately, it's a bit hard to know when to watch when the association's web site gives you this:
NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series TV schedule
With the miserable ratings these shows get and all the calls to improve them, it's hard to believe there is no schedule anywhere that I can find. If NHRA wants to grow attendance at events I would think a good start would be to encourage people to watch broadcasts.
Just my opinion. And . . . don't give me any grief about fans not looking on the NHRA site!

I agree, Jim. It certainly seems like it's close enough to race time to have the tv time schedule for Pomona at least, if not the whole schedule. The World of Outlaws TV schedule is all finalized...Is it a lock that the races will be on ESPN2, or does the lateness of the finalization have anything to do with potential changes? Alan R. if you are out there, can you shed any light on the TV schedule release? Is it normally this close to race season beginning?

i think they're locked in and ready to go. But, the new starter would feel lonely without the four peeps on the ESPN2 camera crew. I mean he needs those guys up there to keep him company. ;) ;)
and on a completely separate note, robtics is killing the workforce.

What's up with the NHRA??? We can't even get a press release on the new Chief Starter or a TV schedule 2 weeks from the race !!!!! I'd call that pretty lame. Sad

Maybe you should catch a plane to Britain. ESPN UK has been billing it here for a week now -- coverage kicks off with the qualifying show at 2am on Mon. 13 February.

just how far in advance do you" busy world leaders" need to know the winternats sched???? you guys better get a hobby or a pet gold fish. or maybe go on a date:rolleyes:

Barry, You just don't get it !!!! Maybe you should just watch women's figure skating. Seems more your style.

Barry, You just don't get it !!!! Maybe you should just watch women's figure skating. Seems more your style.

Mike tell me what i dont get?? How much advance notice do you need to prepare to watch the show?? Obviously the time slot for the broadcast was not decided or nhra would have posted it. Seems pretty simple. This thread is nitpicking at its worst. Last yr i was lucky enough to be in pomona. This yr. Ill watch it on espn3. Seems easy enough. I hope you can handle the challenge of turning on your puter or setting your vcr. If not get your mom to do it. :rolleyes:

Mike tell me what i dont get?? How much advance notice do you need to prepare to watch the show?? Obviously the time slot for the broadcast was not decided or nhra would have posted it. Seems pretty simple. This thread is nitpicking at its worst. Last yr i was lucky enough to be in pomona. This yr. Ill watch it on espn3. Seems easy enough. I hope you can handle the challenge of turning on your puter or setting your vcr. If not get your mom to do it. :rolleyes:

better off just leaving it for ESPN3, all 3 days worth. I hate to say it.

I can not see the NHRA going backwards, so count on watching the event on the weekend of the race whether or not it is still at ESPN2 (90% likely) or Speed (maybe a 10 % chance).

Like Barry said, if you are planning your world on the NHRA tv schedule, you need another hobby (remember the races get bumped due to that Figure Skating you talk about anyway,lol);)

Dean

I could only wish SPEED carried NHRA. Maybe then the shows would come on at the scheduled time. Getting tired of being pushed back to 1AM all the time. As for you Barry, I guess windowbox gardeners says it all !!!!! I can just imagine that pink flowered apron you wear.

be careful what you wish for...Speed TV interrupted their coverage of the sports car race at Daytona to show reality shows...and I would suspect that NASCAR's sports car series would rate higher than NHRA in their food chain

be careful what you wish for...Speed TV interrupted their coverage of the sports car race at Daytona to show reality shows...and I would suspect that NASCAR's sports car series would rate higher than NHRA in their food chain

it'd get bumped by repeats of Pimp my Ride and My Ride Rules...

Speed (Speedvision) carried some NHRA races in 2000 (and possibly 1999?), the last year(s) before the ESPN contract. Unfortunately not too many people had it back then, but Fox Sports Net in certain regions played the race during the week. With NASCAR qualifying and practice shows, NASCAR RaceDay, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races, SPEED Center, Wind Tunnel, and NASCAR Victory Lane all being major Speed shows, I don't see much room for NHRA. Most of those shows air on sunday and in the morning/early afternoon then in the evening. They have said this year that Victory Lane will air as soon as the Cup race ends. I'm pretty sure NHRA would NOT be a good fit for Speed Channel.

I am glad that ESPN covers it the way that it does, and ESPN3 allows you to watch all day online if you choose to. On the flip side, I do agree that the 3 or 3.5 hour shows need to go. It's filled with commercials so you really get a little over 2 hours and 20 minutes of actual racing, which is still way too much.

If you are on the air for 6 hours from Indy on Monday you should be able to show EVERYTHING that goes down the track. Instead of having a separate Lucas Oil and Pro Mod show just add them into the Full Throttle show and use the 1.5 hour time slot that would have been reserved for them and add it to the monday program. Show it live from start to finish on tv, not just ESPN3. Just a suggestion, it is the biggest race of the year after all.

I don't think they interrupted it as much as Grand-Am didn't pay to have all 24 hours broadcast live. However if you DID want to watch all 24 hours, speed.com showed it live streaming through the night, and when the actual broadcast was on tv they showed in-car camera views.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back