Who is in charge of the NHRA tv broadcasts? (1 Viewer)

they seem to have no input or controll on what is shown and who is interviewed!

That may be the way the contract with ESPN is written. If so, that sucks. It also may be the only way that they could get a contract to begin with. If so, that sucks even more. In my opinion, the problem is that NHRA doesn't really have any viable options in looking for another network. Or at least they didn't when they first entered into negotiations. The Speed channel seems like it would be a great outlet, and maybe NHRA looked into partnering with them, who knows. ESPN is the biggest sports network in the world and, like I said before, having them produce and broadcast NHRA events is better than nothing.

Some guy told me the other day he was sick of watching the Danica Fest on ESPN / NASCAR all week from Daytona. My reply: "Yeah, I've already been throught that. Her name was Ashley Force."

...and the Erica Enders show before Ashley came along ! Come on Bazemore....get back in the fight and stir things up....the sport is in need of a bad boy !

were was the greek interview? where was the drive through the golden corral? why even show the nostalgia cars being pushed when there is a huge sponsor promo on top of 3/4 of the picture........
8 car nostalgia funny car field and they show one partial run.
the 50th winternationals just seemed like any another race on tv.

Yes someone will always *****, yes its better than nothing, all i am saying is do a better job. Cmon there is no excuse for the poor directed shows we watch. Every other sanctioning body (some smaller than the nhra) have great shows and put more into their production than ESPN/NHRA.

The problem is no one has the balls to do anything about it. Screw ESPN, let them play little league, this is the error of cable and satellite, their are tons of stations out there.

8 car nostalgia funny car field and they show one partial run.

I consider myself a follower of the sport and I didn't even know they ran an 8 car nostalgia funny car field. Sure would have been cool to see that... [insert gripe about JF coverage here... which I would totally agree with]

I agree with almost every post here. You guys and gals have some downright great ideas. I love the idea of covering the little guys, be it sportsman or pro. I,d like to hear what they go through, to keep racing. And I don,t think there is anything more interesting, than nitro tech. And I,m not a gearhead. But I also think wer,e looking up a dead horses hiney (sp).Drag racing , that we knew and loved, is going by the wayside, in favor of the almighty buck.I think you all will agree with me though,no sport is more exciting, in my mind, there is nothing like nitro racing. YEA.

where does the licensing and footage go after its broadcast? are uncut raw DVD's available? Why don't they take one race a season. Lets say the US Nationals and dedicate a film crew to every team right on down to alcohol? Show what it took to get them there. ask the teams what they thought of the US nationals. The prestige, their dreams. whatever. Then follow the trials and tribulations of every individual team warts and all right until the last man standing. Then you could either broadcast that weekends race as a season. or sell it as a DVD set. I think that would make a nice package which would explain to the masses what it takes to race at such an event. Yeah I know it sounds far fetched, impractical and unmanageable. But hey. So is drag racing!

where does the licensing and footage go after its broadcast? are uncut raw DVD's available? Why don't they take one race a season. Lets say the US Nationals and dedicate a film crew to every team right on down to alcohol?

Because the cost of video production and the crew to shoot it is way more expensive than the very few DVD's that could be sold.

Qualifying is on from 2 am - 4 am tonight? Are you f'ing kidding me? I had to do a double take to see if that was the repeat time. I'm so pissed, I'm not even going to DVR it. To hell with them. I can't imagine why a Corporation wouldn't want to spend millions to sponsor an NHRA team, and get a few seconds of air time between 2 and 4 am. :rolleyes:

Because the cost of video production and the crew to shoot it is way more expensive than the very few DVD's that could be sold.

dunno about that. 3 years ago I would have said it was nuts to follow a group of lumberjacks around. That no way would anyone want to watch it.Today we have Axe men. You know what this sport's missing? COLOR And I don't mean in a ghey way either.

Qualifying is on from 2 am - 4 am tonight? Are you f'ing kidding me? I had to do a double take to see if that was the repeat time. I'm so pissed, I'm not even going to DVR it. To hell with them. I can't imagine why a Corporation wouldn't want to spend millions to sponsor an NHRA team, and get a few seconds of air time between 2 and 4 am. :rolleyes:

WOW...I just came online here to say the same thing . How much money is the NHRA paying ESPN to broadcast it's events ? What IDIOTS ! I am done attending events and I will not bother to record anything shown at 2 am. Such a sad last few years for the sport I have loved since the late 60's !

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back