What is your idea of a Strong NHRA? (1 Viewer)

My two pennies.
The fuel cars will never go back to 1320 or slow down because of the mega teams. As long as they have the dollars, they want to keep it like it is. Why would they want to make it cheaper so more teams can get involve and maybe upset them or make it harder for them to win races and championships. When the sponsorships money go away, you might see them trying to make fuel racing less expensive. I don't care what they say, if they wanted to, they could come up with great ideas to make it less expensive, too much talent on those teams to not make it happen.
Pro stock needs to be base on the new mustangs, camaros, and challengers. Watch and see how many cars enter the factory stock showdown at Indy. I know sooner are later the top pro stock teams would catch up but just think of how high the car count would be. Besides they are based on show room cars you can buy.
I'm like you Jimbo, would never go to a pro only show. But that will never happen because sportsman cars are the only one that pays a entry fee. There are over 600 cars enter in Indy. NHRA not gonna let that money go away.
Yes, alcohol cars and dragsters gets treated bad, pro mod not to far behind.

Jimbo;
I am sure some of the purest would stay away, but a whole bunch of newbies would take their place if it was an awsome show.

Part of the problems the N.H.R.A. have is a time problem.

How do you get all the classes in with the amount of time you have in a day?

I know I hate to see some of the classes only get two or maybe three rounds of qualifying but I understand the reasons it happens.

So if you were in charge of the show how would you go about running the event and trying to get all the classes in within the allotted time you have to do it?

Jimbo

http://www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

Well Bro. Jimbo, There certainly is not much of a problem with too many entries now. (B.I.R. at 76% and I.R.P. at 80% of their quota ) And what you questioned would be a great issue to have to work out in the future. Comp class is the one that needs the most "boost" in entries (pun intended).
I know that I did not mention either TAD or A/FC, but I also am a big fan of those classes and hate to see thier numbers decline any more.
I know it is easy to knock Compton and the rest of the present management team( I certainly have). But few here really know what it takes to run a non-profit in today's political and legal climate. We could get rid of him and get someone who is much worse and lose everything.
The racers and the fan members need to develop a race series that entices the auto manufacturers to become involved.

National events need to be all pro. You can't charge a lot of money for people to get in then make them sit thru throttle stop racing, and the first one to the finish line looses because he got there too quick.

Make the nitro TADs a pro class, add Pro mod, 8 car transformer fuel altereds. It would be the hottest show in town and could probably be pulled off in two days.
Not going to happen. Pros get in free. Sportsman have to pay. Compton and Light are not going to give up that revenue source.

Find the part of drag racing you love and support it, promote it, bring friends and relatives to share the enthusiasm you have. Participate in local drag racing, it is a crapload of fun.

NHRA Mello Yello drag racing is not for everyone, if there is a market for NHRA Mello Yello drag racing, it will survive. It might take a decade, but it could fail.

Buggy whips and buckboard wax, anyone?

Part of the problems the N.H.R.A. have is a time problem.

How do you get all the classes in with the amount of time you have in a day?

I know I hate to see some of the classes only get two or maybe three rounds of qualifying but I understand the reasons it happens.

So if you were in charge of the show how would you go about running the event and trying to get all the classes in within the allotted time you have to do it?

Jimbo

http://www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

True, I am always amazed at cars and classes that they get down a track in a weekend. I run small events (non-racing) and know how many variables go into such a thing. To pull off what they do with so many more moving parts blows me away

Well Bro. Jimbo, There certainly is not much of a problem with too many entries now. (B.I.R. at 76% and I.R.P. at 80% of their quota ) And what you questioned would be a great issue to have to work out in the future. Comp class is the one that needs the most "boost" in entries (pun intended).
I know that I did not mention either TAD or A/FC, but I also am a big fan of those classes and hate to see thier numbers decline any more.
I know it is easy to knock Compton and the rest of the present management team( I certainly have). But few here really know what it takes to run a non-profit in today's political and legal climate. We could get rid of him and get someone who is much worse and lose everything.
The racers and the fan members need to develop a race series that entices the auto manufacturers to become involved.

Rob, you going to Indy this year?

HELLYA, I just couldn't miss Friday nite nitro or Monday eleminations.
Last year, I brought a "newbe" to eleminations and this year I am workin' on another one and return of last year's new fan.I may end up coming on Saturday or Sunday depending upon other's schedules.
How about you?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back