Want to watch Winternats on TV? (1 Viewer)

Speed (Speedvision) carried some NHRA races in 2000 (and possibly 1999?), the last year(s) before the ESPN contract. Unfortunately not too many people had it back then, but Fox Sports Net in certain regions played the race during the week. With NASCAR qualifying and practice shows, NASCAR RaceDay, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races, SPEED Center, Wind Tunnel, and NASCAR Victory Lane all being major Speed shows, I don't see much room for NHRA. Most of those shows air on sunday and in the morning/early afternoon then in the evening. They have said this year that Victory Lane will air as soon as the Cup race ends. I'm pretty sure NHRA would NOT be a good fit for Speed Channel.

I am glad that ESPN covers it the way that it does, and ESPN3 allows you to watch all day online if you choose to. On the flip side, I do agree that the 3 or 3.5 hour shows need to go. It's filled with commercials so you really get a little over 2 hours and 20 minutes of actual racing, which is still way too much.

If you are on the air for 6 hours from Indy on Monday you should be able to show EVERYTHING that goes down the track. Instead of having a separate Lucas Oil and Pro Mod show just add them into the Full Throttle show and use the 1.5 hour time slot that would have been reserved for them and add it to the monday program. Show it live from start to finish on tv, not just ESPN3. Just a suggestion, it is the biggest race of the year after all.

and a bunch of worthless pandering segments...

be careful what you wish for...Speed TV interrupted their coverage of the sports car race at Daytona to show reality shows...and I would suspect that NASCAR's sports car series would rate higher than NHRA in their food chain

Those were all paid comercials... and yes, I sat through all 17 hours of TV

Don't have a running computer at home right now, which is why some of us would like to know...

and yes, all I do is Read and watch drag racing on TV

I could be very happy if they'd run the entire event on ESPN3 and plug-in the tower audio when Mike and Paul weren't doing the on-air.

As an earlier poster noted, it DOES get better every year.

I could be very happy if they'd run the entire event on ESPN3 and plug-in the tower audio when Mike and Paul weren't doing the on-air.

I just listened this weekend to the most recent ANDRA Event in Australia and actually heard the track ambience with the announcing clearly. It was great.

I'll second that vote...

I'd love the ESPN3 broadcast would be more like just hanging out at the track...AND PLEASE show the win lights for the classes that don't have someone calling the race

If you've "saved" a search for NHRA on your DVR, check it. Was scrolling thru "future" scheduled recordings yesterday & saw that it is already set for ESPN2 for Sat & Sun.
:) :) :)

Maybe you should catch a plane to Britain. ESPN UK has been billing it here for a week now -- coverage kicks off with the qualifying show at 2am on Mon. 13 February.

Hey Robin- in London on Friday... What channel is ESPN over there, or is it on Sky?

why not MAVTV?
- first off - natural tie in with forrest
- mavtv is a new network - nhra would lend great credibility to it
- nhra most likely pays too much(espn) for same annual paltry ratings
- mavtv just as likely to pull in new viewers as espn, speed, or other
- i do not think mavtv is in 'premium' package of most providers (??)
- time slots would be fulfilled
- possible flexibility with time allowance for live programming
- possible return of 'nhra today' or similar
- consistent sat. nite qualifying show
and.....
- brainerd to be renamed 'MAVTV Nationals' with sat. night elims., followed
two hours later by brief winner's ceremony on stage @ band shell, followed
immediately by annual fireworks extravaganza :cool:

MavTV is still not on several major carriers (Like DirecTV, for example). As crappy as ESPN2 treats us at least we're able to watch it, MavTV would lower the audience even further due to a lot of us not being able to get it.

ok, so let's say that MAVTV becomes a regular channel on dish, direct
and other large city cable providers.....then what would your opinion be?

i agree, if they are not available nationwide, then no.

I don't get MAVTV on my system, and due to my "package" deal with my system, I'm not likely to switch anytime soon. That means if the show moved there, I'd flat be out of luck. I would NOT be a happy camper.:mad:

Plus, would MAVTV do the same deal as ESPN3 does???

I don't get MAVTV on my system, and due to my "package" deal with my system, I'm not likely to switch anytime soon. That means if the show moved there, I'd flat be out of luck. I would NOT be a happy camper.:mad:

Plus, would MAVTV do the same deal as ESPN3 does???

Same here, I only have Cablevision as the lone cable service in the area., no FIOS or anything else except the Dishes (DISH Network and DirecTV which I currently have)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back