Toliver Delays (1 Viewer)

Any news on Jerry Toliver? Gainsville?

Any status on Jerry, his website is not functional nor has there been any PR releases good or bad. Just wondering did his deal die before he got revived.

Re: Any news on Jerry Toliver? Gainsville?

He is not on the entry list -- not that that means he won't be there.

From Drag Racing Online The Magazine ::: WAKE UP AND SMELL THE NITRO ::: WHERE’S TOLIVER AND ROCKSTAR-

File this under the rumor file. One of the Agent’s operatives was recently in the shops of the Mayor of Otterbein, Indiana, himself, Murph McKinney, and noticed that the chassis that McKinney Corp. was updating for Jerry Toliver and the new Toyota body appeared to not being worked on. The rumor is that Evan Knoll was supposed to be part of the sponsorship of Toliver’s car along with Rockstar and somewhere between the announcement at Pomona and now things may have gone astray concerning the sponsorship. [3/13/2007]

Any status on Jerry, his website is not functional nor has there been any PR releases good or bad. Just wondering did his deal die before he got revived.

OK....OFFICIALLY..HERE IS THE NEWS....

I just spoke to Jerry Toliver 10 minutes ago, and he is happy to set these rumors straight, right now...

1.) Jerry and Evan Knoll are in fact friends, but they are NOT in business together, and Evan has NOTHING to do with Jerry's Rockstar partnership...Both Jerry AND Evan are a bit miffed at where this rumor has started, but Jerry emphatically assures me that the relationship between him self and Evan Knoll is one of great friendship and respect, and NOT any sort of partnership in Jerry's opportunity with Rockstar, or his team.

2.) Dale Armstrong IS the crew chief on the car, and will be for the forseeable future..This is NOT any sort of a temporariy situation...

3.) THE DEAL WITH ROCKSTAR IS AS SOLID AS A ROCK FOR 3 YEARS!!!! Jerry, his team, friends, and the people at Rockstar have NO IDEA where this rumor that there is "trouble in the deal" came from, and say that there is no truth to it...Jerry's exact words were "Rockstar is pumped! They are absoleutely on-board and ready to roll for the next three years...!"

4.) Why they are not going to Gainesville - Remember when they came out for the first race a few years ago with Schick in Pomona? Do you remember who won that race? Jerry feels that he has a high standard that he set, and hopes to duplicate that effort, and instead of trying to rush things together to get to Gainesville, they want to take the extra time to prepare everything.....Remember the story of the Young Bull and the OLD Bull on top of the hill overlooking all of those little sheep...? Jerry wants to "walk" down the hill....lol

THEY WILL RACE IN HOUSTON!!!!!

So...THERE YOU HAVE IT...Oh, and before I forget, Jerry has asked me to publish his email address here so that any of you that want to validate what I am telling you here, or just want to send messages of support to him, he can be reached at [email protected]

He did also mention, that he will do the best that he can to respond to everyone, but that you all please be patient because obviously, he has a lot going on....Might I suggest messages or questions that require a short response would get the fastest replies...

Thanks,

Jay;)

Last edited:

That is great news Jay...:D
And it sounds like a typical Toliver way of getting his shiite together... Wouldn't want to pull a KB...:eek:
Look forward to seeing you back soon Jerry...;)
Come to the MATER and talk with us... You are always welcome here...:)
Later Mater
Ray-

Hi Jay,
thanx very much for being part of the solution and not part of the problem.

Looking forward to Jerry being back out and kicking a "monster" amount of A**!

If Mr. Knoll and Mr. Toliver are "miffed", as would be Mr. Bernstein and dozens of others that have had "drive-bye's" executed by a certain other internet scribe, at what point does that particular "reporter" lose credibility for ANYTHING he writes? :confused:

And when will said "reporter" be on the recieving end of a lawsuit because he blows a deal between a team and sponsor that doesn't have the same backbone as Rockstar? And how many sponsors has he run off already because of his inaccurate blah blah blah??

BTW... Thanks, Jay- your addition to the 'Mater has cleared the air on several subjects that normally would have been threads 3-4 pages long..Thanks for saving the bandwidth!! :D

Hi Jay,
thanx very much for being part of the solution and not part of the problem.

Paul,

I couldn't have said it better myself...;)

It's great to hear Jerry's coming back - I'm still catching up on DVR'd ESPN Classic races and I giggle every time I hear an interview with either him or Scotty Cannon!

Flaps

That's a nice response from Jerry..actually even cool.

I miss his buzz-cut..always thought he would be a perfect fit for the Marine sponsor.

If Mr. Knoll and Mr. Toliver are "miffed", as would be Mr. Bernstein and dozens of others that have had "drive-bye's" executed by a certain other internet scribe, at what point does that particular "reporter" lose credibility for ANYTHING he writes? :confused:

And when will said "reporter" be on the recieving end of a lawsuit because he blows a deal between a team and sponsor that doesn't have the same backbone as Rockstar? And how many sponsors has he run off already because of his inaccurate blah blah blah??

BTW... Thanks, Jay- your addition to the 'Mater has cleared the air on several subjects that normally would have been threads 3-4 pages long..Thanks for saving the bandwidth!! :D

No problem...Glad to help...

And...........the good news is I will be at the Houston race to see the debut:cool:

Let the good times roll.

how can you not like jerry toliver - mr. charisma
always smiling - the guy could be in any line of business
and be successful.

What are you trying to say???
Let me see if I can translate, Paul.

I think that there is a new thrm that was just coined To pull a "KB". I had not herd that yet.
I think there is a new term that was just coined. To pull a "KB".

In reference to Ray's post.
And it sounds like a typical Toliver way of getting his shiite together... Wouldn't want to pull a KB...:eek:
Ray-
It had me going..as a matter of fact..1 pupil got bigger than the other when I first read it.

O.K. I was confused as well... Then I saw Jason put a grin on his header... Still was not sure what he meant... Then I read his post, herd is not your normal spelling unless you are dealing with farm animals... I believe...:confused: So term, is the only thing that makes sense to me...:rolleyes: I hope... Otherwise maybe I is a thrm...:D KB was for example purposes only BTW... You surely don't want to pull a AL or a GA... LOL :eek:

sorry everyone I meant it in geest. I also miss spelled a few words. Just thought it was funny when Ray said
Wouldn't want to pull a KB...
That was all I was saying. No disrespect to KB I do like the King and the Prince.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back