Toliver Delays (1 Viewer)

Doesn't matter who it is, it's too bad that some corporations are so limited and territorial in their thinking that this would even be an issue.

Doesn't matter who it is, it's too bad that some corporations are so limited and territorial in their thinking that this would even be an issue.

I agree. That kind of thinking contradicts one of the things that makes drag racing so cool -- sportsmanship and people helping people.

I'm thinking west coast....Worshams do bodies in house, and if you remember back to the Blue Toyoya days, Phil blew one to bits in Las Vegas, ran the Chevy body as a back up with the Chevy decals off of it, and GM didn't like that ethier.

I agree with Paul...
Grant Downing, not only does the chassis for team CSK but the bodies as well... I really hate to see this for all involved, but I guess it is the sign of the times... Like it or not...:mad: But this really sucks!! The good ol' days are just that...

I agree. That kind of thinking contradicts one of the things that makes drag racing so cool -- sportsmanship and people helping people.

EXACTLY!! Racers have always helped each other get out there and race. Between the Haas/Brogden thing and this... A sign of the times I know but it sucks!!

Yup, just like when Creasy loaned Wyatt some engine parts to make it to the next one. Didn't see any corporate BS then. Just ended up giving Creasy more publicity, which is great.

May I suggest you read the item? It's in the "Rumors" section. Before we convict Ford (Force), Dodge (Schumacher), and Chevrolet (Worsham) of corporate malevolence, we should have facts.
It is entirely possible that a manufacturer's racing program manager did suggest that his (or her) team stick to their knitting and not seek to help others outside the team. It is also entirely possible that the facts are otherwise.
I am a big fan of Tolliver and it's great to see him back. Toyota's entries will add to the competition and I applaud that, too. I'm guessing they've got somebody that can fit a funny car body to a chassis.
This wouldn't be the first time a report was just a bit shy of the correct information. "A lie can get halfway around the world before the truth gets its shoes on."
Cheers,
Ed

I didn't accuse anybody of "corporate malevolence", I don't think that's the point anybody was trying to make. If Toliver needed a body done, and someone was too backed up with work to do it, I tip my cap to ANYBODY that would take his car into their shop and help the guy out to get him on the track. That's what drag racing is all about. I think the point is that companies should not get their knickers in a twist for somebody trying to help a guy out.

Rumor or not, this is a board where people can talk about what they want within reason, and I think Competition Plus always has some good stuff to talk about.

just my 2 cents.....

check that.. my -5 cents after taxes this year :eek:

My understanding of the Worsham's arrangement is that they aren't backed by GM, they buy their bodies.

The deal when Phil B killed the TOYOTA body was they put a Monte Carlo body back on it with TOYOTA decals, that ticked off the GM people and they more or less made them remove them.... or else....

Not for this weekend of course. I don't see how they were gonna run this weekend anyway, but what do I know? I think they'll be on track for the next race. Good luck to Jerry when he gets her on the track. bOb

Bob,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. We have been wearing out the UPS guy with stuff from Murf's. :D It is amazing how much work you can do to a new car, ready to race, when you make it "More" like you want it. ;)

Rapid

Yea............I hope the article is wrong and they debut the car at the Gators.
Certain people got a little touchy the last time a potential sponsor problem was mentioned on here:mad:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back