Autozone Returns (2 Viewers)

Good to see Autozone back.

I had originally heard that the new partner was going to be MAACO's import repair division:):)

The performances will come. The longer that Toliver and Dale are out there, the better they'll get. Remember all the jokes about Bernstein early this year? Come on folks, this stuff ain't as easy as it looks. Congrats to the team on bringing Autozone back.

Re: Auto-zone Returns

How can you not love Toliver? He's well respected throughout the industry as a worthy competitor. I've seen him in the Top Fuel boat pits helping the big-timers out as they accept his sound advice. He's got a great smile and a love of the sport that matches anyone.

Can anyone argue his marketing skills? WWF, Schick, Rock Star, Auto-zone, not to mention he somehow, someway coerced Dale Armstrong back into the Fuel Ranks he once owned. Say what you want but don't leave out the positives he brings to the table. I think this guy is something really special.

As you can tell from my post Doc, I agree wholeheartedly. I am extremely glad to see both he and Armstrong back out there. BTW, they have already shown flashes of brilliance, with some good qualifying performances. The consistency will come.

The performances will come. The longer that Toliver and Dale are out there, the better they'll get. Remember all the jokes about Bernstein early this year? Come on folks, this stuff ain't as easy as it looks. Congrats to the team on bringing Autozone back.

I like Dale always have but his best years were with Bernstein in his F/C days how long ago?:rolleyes:

I like Jerry also but this is a performance driven industry and if memory serves me he had one decent 1/2 year with WWF and wasn't even a blip on the radar with Schick! I realize it is difficult to get a consistant tune-up I hope he does but I go by his past performance.
I don't think Dale is going to be around for the long haul either he stated he would help Jerry get things started he isn't planning to do this full time.

Performance, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.
I happen to believe his car is getting sufficient exposure and has nowhere to go but up. I also happen to believe they will be moving up sooner than later.

let's not forget Mad Magazine & Emoola.
I too only have admiration for jerry.
i wish him and his team a great season end
and hopefully some final rounds in '08.

I like Jerry as well. The whole thing between him and WJ was just too good of a story not to make fun of. I know that it's not my funny car body that got hacked up like a demolition car, but there is still some humor in it for me. And I believe that he won his first race in Schick livery, didn't he?

Didn't he "shave" the field a couple of years ago at the Winters, right out of the box? ;)

I like Jerry as well. The whole thing between him and WJ was just too good of a story not to make fun of. I know that it's not my funny car body that got hacked up like a demolition car, but there is still some humor in it for me. And I believe that he won his first race in Schick livery, didn't he?

No it was WWF.

This deal is made sweeter by the fact that Autozone used :D
to be an associate sponsor of Kenny Bernstein racing.

Congrats Jerry, no one can do it look you do!
Now go out and win some rounds!

I don't recall him winning his first WWF race but he did, in fact, win his first Schick race in Pomona at the season opener Winternationals. It was the ultimate opening for his new sponsor!

You're correct Bobby. I talked with him in Phoenix (2 weeks after his win) about winning his first race with his new sponsor. (Schick)

Our trailer seemed like it was loaded with free Schick razors after that race!! :D In fact, we just found another new Schick razor that was hidden away while we were in Brainerd last month.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back