Mmmmmm-donuts.... (1 Viewer)

Now all we have to worry about is getting through the cops hanging around the donut stand.

My thoughts are this has alot to do with DDs lack of a following in the area outside of New York/New England. I travel frequently, and have to SEARCH to find a Dunkin mot of the time (while driving by 10 or more Starbucks and Krispy Kremes).

You mean the one's with that glazed look in their eyes!

Ha! Could'nt resist!

That reminded me of part of a "top 10" list joke, things you should never say to a cop:

Cop: Sir, your eyes look bloodshot, have you been drinking?
You: Gee officer your eyes look glazed, have you been eating donuts?

love the dunkin doughnuts coffee really hate trying to understand the person taking my order......tim hortons for me..:mad::)

My thoughts are this has alot to do with DDs lack of a following in the area outside of New York/New England. I travel frequently, and have to SEARCH to find a Dunkin mot of the time (while driving by 10 or more Starbucks and Krispy Kremes).
Why would you drive by a Krispy Kreme for Dunkin? I'm happy there sticking a toe in the NHRA water and think they have a satisfactory product, but a fresh hot Krispy Kreme can't be beat:D.

S/F
D

Nice to see that go on an A/Fuel dragster. I think that's where the future of Top Fuel is eventually going to go at some point do to spiraling costs and safety issues.

Krispy Kreme folded overnight here a couple of years ago. All of the Dunkin Donuts stores in Arizona were closed last week for "remodeling" in preparation for expansion from what is now zero stores to 150 - right!
If this is a nationwide trend, I doubt this is going to amount to much. JMHO

Why would you drive by a Krispy Kreme for Dunkin? I'm happy there sticking a toe in the NHRA water and think they have a satisfactory product, but a fresh hot Krispy Kreme can't be beat:D.

S/F
D

For the coffee! I never said I didn't stop in KK for a vanilla creme on the way.

:)

All this talk about donuts is making me have cravings!!!! We only have Krispy Kreme here, and its over an hour from where I live!:)

I've been thinking that talk about a recession is overrated but when I woke up and heard on the news that you should use your gift cards before the stores go out of business such is the case with Sharper Image, I think wow no matter how bad thinks have gotten in the past I've never heard something like that before. And then hear about Krispy Cremes closing and I think it looks like were heading for a correction in the retail sector. And with gas at 3.30 per gallon and climbing I'm afraid we have a hell of mess heading our way.

speaking of corrections.......I wonder how long a $7 cup of coffee will last if (when) the economy sputters?????

One of my co-workers told me that Starbucks is testing some lower priced coffee choices at a few locations.

coffee, black, 2 sugars per every 8 ozs... i like the taste of coffee, if i wanted hazlenuts, i'd eat them, if i wanted mocha, i'd eat a bloody candy bar.

now at DD, it's a couple of maple bars and I have my own coffee from home.
donuts good, paying more than 75 cents for a cup of coffee is insanity.

d'kid

now at DD, it's a couple of maple bars and I have my own coffee from home.
donuts good, paying more than 75 cents for a cup of coffee is insanity.

d'kid

A friend of mine owns a couple of DDs - as of about 5 years ago the total cost of a medium coffee was around .15 (including the cup, electricity and the labor cost to pour/sugar/cream it).

And I thought there was a markup on liquor at the local watering hole!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back