This Weekend's "NHRA's Greatest Races" (1 Viewer)

Billy

Nitro Member
Everyone involved with the series really appreciates the great response we've received here and on Facebook. This week's show covers the 1982 Springnationals featuring Shirley, Lucille Lee, and Jeb Allen's notorious "engine problems". I think everyone will get a kick from it. Please be sure to check your cable listings for the time on Sunday. We were supposed to get 11:30AM in every time zone but college basketball and hockey, NFL programming heading into the playoffs, and various other factors are getting us moved around. Look for "NHRA's Greatest Races" od "Best of the NHRA".

i noticed the moving time frame, so I set DVR for series to record. That way my failing memory will not be tested!!! :D

I see it scheduled on my FSD (Fox Sports Detroit)channel, Sunday, 11:30AM. Thanks Bill.

Bill,

I applaud your efforts but this is one you really need to consider.

1978 NHRA SportsNationals

1978 - NHRA SPORTSNATIONALS MODIFIED QUARTER-FINALS

As I mentioned in the other thread, I appreciate and consider all suggestions for races you'd like to see on the series. But I will reiterate some factors which will determine which races will be included.

First and most importantly, it would have to be an event which was covered and produced for TV by Diamond P. Many events were not televised in the early days of Diamond P productions.

Next, the show master would have to be well preserved. The original tapes of those races have been sitting for a long time and in some cases they have become fragile. Just placing them in a tape deck jeopardizes them, so we can't always edit from a master that could be irreparably damaged. We have a shop which specializes in safely making copies of old, brittle tapes working with us but it's a very delicate process.

Finally, the first 13 shows have already been chosen and we're in the post-production process. If the series is renewed, we would then begin choosing the next 13 events to include and the previous two criteria would have to be met.

A Lot of people don't realize that back in the 70-80's the races that were televised were aired sometimes 3 weeks later! And those were the the races that were televised! Half of the races probably didn't air at all. WE are lucky in today's cable world!

Bill, that one is definitely a must and was produced by Diamond P and televised. At one time is was offered for sale by Diamond P in DRAGSTER back in the day.

Bill, that one is definitely a must and was produced by Diamond P and televised. At one time is was offered for sale by Diamond P in DRAGSTER back in the day.

Copy that, Bobby. I'll definitely check into the existence of the show master (unfortunately, some were either misplaced or damaged in transit from Diamond P in Tampa to Glendora) and its condition. Then, if the series gets renewed, it could be included.

Everyone involved with the series really appreciates the great response we've received here and on Facebook. This week's show covers the 1982 Springnationals featuring Shirley, Lucille Lee, and Jeb Allen's notorious "engine problems". I think everyone will get a kick from it. Please be sure to check your cable listings for the time on Sunday. We were supposed to get 11:30AM in every time zone but college basketball and hockey, NFL programming heading into the playoffs, and various other factors are getting us moved around. Look for "NHRA's Greatest Races" od "Best of the NHRA".

I just finished watching.....AWESOME....just AWESOME ! Sure brings back many great memories.Loved seeing and hearing the little dry hops too. Bill...hats off to you for this great series....can't wait to see the rest !

Thanks to all. We're post-producing show No. 7 this evening: 1976 World Finals: Shirley, Snake, Tharp, Warren, Wiebe, Wallly Booth, etc. Coming in February.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back