Coming Soon: The NHRA's Greatest Races (1 Viewer)

Yes, that's me on "Time Capsule", a radio feature that's been syndicated nationwide since 1980.

OK thought so. I hear it every day as one of my sponsors has been participating. It's a great feature but I could never understand why you never gave our sport a bone once in a while like.....

And Shirley Muldowney became the first woman to win a world championship

or... And Don Garlits became the first driver to win the NHRA Winternationals driving a rear engine dragster

or ...And Kenney Bernstein was the first racer to break the 300 MPH barrier.

That would be nice to hear and legitimize our sport some.

Hi Folks,

I'm the editor and shooter of the show with Bill. We just put up a fan page on Facebook. Still getting our bearings on the Fan Page thing, but we will hopefully be adding schedules, musings, pictures and content from some of the first 13 episodes we're working on. It'll fill up soon.

Tom

Please check it out: NHRA's Greatest Races Facebook Fan Page

Awesome show! I totally enjoyed it!

For the ones in my market (possibly all of who knows where) on Direct TV it's on FSSW channel 676 aka: FSN Southwest on Sunday at 11:30 am Central. :)

OK thought so. I hear it every day as one of my sponsors has been participating. It's a great feature but I could never understand why you never gave our sport a bone once in a while like.....

And Shirley Muldowney became the first woman to win a world championship

or... And Don Garlits became the first driver to win the NHRA Winternationals driving a rear engine dragster

or ...And Kenney Bernstein was the first racer to break the 300 MPH barrier.

That would be nice to hear and legitimize our sport some.

Like many other projects I work on, I am strictly the host and do not have any role in the program content. The producers of the show prioritize historical facts and figures which would be most familiar with the broadest, mainstream demographic. If legitimizing certain sports became a goal, which sport would they choose? Drag racing fans, IndyCar fans, off-road racing fans, offshore power boat racing fans, air race fans, Pro Rally fans, Monster Truck fans, sprint car racing fans, tractor-pulling fans, etc. would all have their own arguments for which one to include. That's the way it works in mass media.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back