NHRA's Greatest Races Schedule (1 Viewer)

Billy

Nitro Member
Just an update on the series which has been getting a lot of great response. The first three episodes are being re-run as we continue post-production on the remaining 10 episodes. The next show, #4, is the 2002 Springnationals in Houston where John Force scored his 100th career national event win.

As you might imagine, the editing process is a bit more complicated when producing a show in hi-def so the shows will be taking a bit longer to deliver to the network. So if you are seeing a previous episode on Friday night that you've already seen, understand that new episodes are under construction and will be aired as soon as they are completed.

Hope everyone here will be able to tune in Friday nights at 8PM Eastern for the series on HD Theater. The better the ratings, the better the chances you'll be seeing more episodes from the NHRA's immense video archives.

Hey Bill, Great work on the show! According to my Dish Network info it was stating the next show was the 2001 50th Anniversary Nationals, infact that was what they had as airing on friday, but it was again the rerun. Just a heads up. Also a question, the newer stuff has been recorded in HD, why wouldn't the 06 Finals and 08 Houston be shown in HD? Thanks.

Thanks for the update Bill! I am enjoying this season. Not knocking anyone, but it seems to be much better produced than last season. Keep 'em coming! :)

Thanks for the kind words on the series. I'm now in the process of completing Program #4, the 50th Anniversary Nationals, and that should be airing a week from Friday. Some of the shows are being produced from HD masters and some are in standard def which is why you may see a difference in the video imaging.

I produce all of the shows so I'm not sure why there may be a difference in the Season I vs Season II shows, other than the Season I shows were all much older and produced from the Diamond P masters, which were recorded on rather primitive equipment compared to what we use today. Plus, those tapes have been sitting around for as long as 30 years.

I produce all of the shows so I'm not sure why there may be a difference in the Season I vs Season II shows, other than the Season I shows were all much older and produced from the Diamond P masters, which were recorded on rather primitive equipment compared to what we use today. Plus, those tapes have been sitting around for as long as 30 years.
That may be what the difference is. I know the audio just seems so much better this season. As always.....thanks.

Oh, and I probably used the wrong wording.....produced might not have been what I meant. Yesterday WAS Monday afterall. LOL

I didn't catch any of these older shows. Are season 1 episodes going to repeat? The new shows are great. But, I would love to see some older stuff too.
Thanks, Bill

Re-watched the '99 Winston No-Bull Showdown on the DVR, and it brought a smile to my face to see Eric Medlen out there with a headset on, and Robert Hight hooking up the starter to Force's car.

Just a heads-up. This Friday, the 28th, the next show is being pre-empted for live coverage of the Mecum Muscle Car Auction in Kissimmee, Florida. We may also have to push back the following episodes of the show until sometime in March due to some production delays. I'll try to keep everyone informed on that.

BTW, I'm really looking forward to working the Mecum shows this Wednesday through Saturday. A few of the cars going on the block this week are absolutely outstanding, including Bruce Larson's original Dragonsnake Cobra, Bob Glidden's 1972 Pro Stock Pinto, a couple of Grumpy's cars--"Grumpy's Toy VIII" 1970 Camaro and "Grumpy's Toy XI" 1974 Vega (The actual cars, NOT clones), the Sox & Martin 1971 Hemi Cuda, and a bunch of original Mopar and Ford Factory Lightweight cars including Phil Bonner's 1962 Galaxie Lightweight. I will be on the block with Stephen Cox loving every freaking minute of it! Hope you can watch. There are descriptions of the cars at Mecum Auction: Live Classic, Collector, Corvette and Muscle Car Auctions

I pay a zillion dollars a month for cable and I can't find a network on my guide that carries the show.
Maybe I should go for the two zillion dollar package . . .

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back