NHRA's Greatest Races on HD Theater (1 Viewer)

Terry

Nitro Member
I was wondering if anyone on the board (besides me) is watching "NHRA's Greatest Races" on HD Theater (It's channel 364 on my Dish Network--don't know if the channel is available on other systems). It's a series of half-hour shows hosted by Bill Stephens covering things like the NO Bull shootout with the FC vs Top Fuel race, the 2006 World Finals and Schumachers "The Run", and Antron Brown's switch from Pro Stock Bike to Top Fuel. Those are the three episodes I have seen so far anyway.

Bill Stephens does a SUPER job hosting the shows, and he does a great job of putting together explanations of what's happening that a race fan that isn't well versed in drag racing could follow and understand without "dumbing it down" to the point that true fans would feel put off--a tough thing to accomplish indeed!

Stephens is extremely well versed in his drag racing knowledge, and it shows clearly with his ability to present narration that is informative to all audience members. In my opinion, Bill's work makes this show. Without someone of his caliber and knowledge, it would be just another highlight reel.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else has seen episodes of this show. If you haven't and have HD Theater at your disposal, give it a look. HD Theater is a real treasure trove of car guy shows.

Last edited:
http://www.nitromater.com/nhra/27057-nhras-greatest-races-schedule.html

Terry, what day and time slot were they being aired recently. Originally they were on Friday nights but for some reason they stopped showing them. (as far as I know anyway)

The three episodes that you've mentioned are the only three that I have seen too. I wonder if those were the only three episodes that have been shown so far? Hopefully if Bill sees this thread he can fill us in on whats going on.

http://www.nitromater.com/nhra/27057-nhras-greatest-races-schedule.html

Terry, what day and time slot were they being aired recently. Originally they were on Friday nights but for some reason they stopped showing them. (as far as I know anyway)

The three episodes that you've mentioned are the only three that I have seen too. I wonder if those were the only three episodes that have been shown so far? Hopefully if Bill sees this thread he can fill us in on whats going on.

Brian, I caught them this past Sat morning and set the DVR so I could watch them later. The last one I got was the 50th anniversary race from Pomona, and it had previews of the 'next episode' so I hope there will be more. If I see them coming up, I'll post the times here.

I hope Bill stops by and can fill us in also. I know he drops by from time to time. So Bill, if you're out there, congrats on a great show, and let us know when we can see more!

Thanks for the shout-out, guys. Much appreciated. Just to give you an update, we just completed Show #5 and it's the 2002 Spring Nationals in Houston where John Force won career national event #100. The series has been on hiatus since the network and I agreed that we would put the show on hold until all 13 episodes had been completed and could be scheduled regularly by HD Theater. There have been some delays in production, for the most part because the original footage of the events from ESPN must be
up-converted to hi-def specs and that adds appreciably to the production time. Be patient. We hope to have the remaining shows produced and delivered by the end of May or beginning of June.

The ratings for the series have been good and that is important. Please continue to pass along the word about the series in case there are any people you know who aren't aware of it.

BTW, it would be great if those who enjoy the series could make a call to Bob Scanlon, the VP of Programming and Production at HD Theater, and let him know you like the series and you'd like to see more NHRA's Greatest Races. The main number at HD Theater is 240-662-2000 and Bob is a real car guy himself, so he would be interested in hearing from NHRA fans.

I'm also planning on re-editing NHRA's Greatest Races, Season I, which aired earlier this year on Fox Sports Net and converting the shows to hi-def for HD Theater. I'll let everyone know how that works out.

Thanks for stopping by with the update, Bill, and kudos for some most excellent work! I'm also a fan of "What's My Car Worth?". HD Theater is doing a great job for the gearhead masses. I'll be glad to make the call to express my enjoyment of the series so far and how much we want more!

Again, thanks for the great work for Drag Racing, and thanks for visiting the board and keeping us filled in.

caught the antron brown 1st win show on saturday.....great stuff;
will be good to have on regular schedule

Yes....we're working on Tony Schumacher's '08 Big Go and got lots more in the pipeline. Please become a fan of NHRA's Greatest Races on FB if you haven't already, and listen for Bill on Nitro Rewind too!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back