NHRA's Greatest Races Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Billy

Nitro Member
We are now well into production of "The NHRA's Greatest Races-Season 2" and now have received the date from HD Theater as to when the series will premier. Friday, January 7, 2011 is the date and I'll be finding out the exact time soon. When I do, I'll post it on the board.

Also, I'm in the preliminary stages of writing and producing a comprehensive home DVD to commemorate the NHRA's 60th anniversary next year entitled "The NHRA's 60 Greatest Moments". As you can imagine, it's a very involved project but the film, video, and still photographs which will be seen in the finished program will make this DVD pretty remarkable. There's also a chance there will be a TV version coming to HD Theater toward the middle or end of 2011.

If you're not currently receiving high-def channels on your cable lineup you should look into adding HD Theater. I can tell you for sure that there's going to be a significant increase in the amount of automotive programming scheduled for next year and drag racing will be featured much more than we see on any other network. I hope everyone gets on board.

Great , still watching some of the DVR saved shows from last year. Good stuff.
Please tell us it is longer than an half hour show this year . Thanks.

Awesome news! I wasn't sure if you had been renewed! Congrats and great work Bill! The more old Diamond P with Steve Evans & Dave Mac I can get, the better! Lord I miss American Sports Cavalcade!

Awesome news! I wasn't sure if you had been renewed! Congrats and great work Bill! The more old Diamond P with Steve Evans & Dave Mac I can get, the better! Lord I miss American Sports Cavalcade!

I was so excited every sentence had, as my 4 year old says, an exciting mark. Sorry for my outburst there. Composure regained :)

Giving this a bump! On my Directv guide it is saying it is the Mile High Nationals for the 2 30 minute shows.

I LOVE Discovery HD Theater. Same day coverage of WRC, Mecum Auctions, What's My Car Worth, Chasing Classic Cars (Wayne Carini RULES), all kinds of historic races from Goodwood to Monterrey, Great one-off shows that are like mini-documentaries about historic cars or collections, and now NHRA Greatest Races. I am sure I forgot about 10 other shows too ...

If you love cars, HD Theater is rapidly becoming the hot spot on the TV.

Last edited:
thanks Paul, is that channel part of a special package?
My guide jumps from 280 – to 282.

I can't say for sure because I don't have satellite but on Comcast cable it's part of the "HD" package. There isn't a standard definition version of that channel, only HD.

and I don't have an HD TV, that's what sucks is that you NEED an HDTV.:mad:

Time to step up!

There are some 1080p HDTV's out in the stores that are reasonably priced. Best Buy does the no financing plan for 18 months. I even got the salesman to knock $400 off the price when I bought my TV from them.

Time to step up!

There are some 1080p HDTV's out in the stores that are reasonably priced. Best Buy does the no financing plan for 18 months. I even got the salesman to knock $400 off the price when I bought my TV from them.

what about the good folks at Racing's favorite, PC Richard and Son

The first 30 minute show is the No Bull showdown from Bristol in 1999 and the second show is the 2006 finals with "the run". Can't wait for Friday night to view it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back