NHRA's Greatest Races-Season II (1 Viewer)

Billy

Nitro Member
I wanted to alert everyone here that we have gone into production on "NHRA's Greatest Races--Season II". This time, there will be a few changes in how we're doing the shows. They will be seen on HD Theater in
Hi-Definition beginning in January. HD Theater is Discovery Channel's hi-def network and the shows should look outstanding if you have a hi-def TV. Because the shows will be produced with state-of-the-art technology, we'll be presenting races from 2001-2008 since the old Diamond P shows will not convert to HD broadcast quality.

But the races we'll be producing for Season II will be truly worthwhile. Tony Schumacher's miracle finish to the 2006 season at the AAA Finals in Pomona with his incredible record-breaking run to win the title; Ashley Force's first national event win in Atlanta, beating her dad in the final; Kenny and Brandon Bernstein becoming the first father and son to win a national event on the same day in Las Vegas in 2001, Melanie Troxel becoming the first woman to win national events in both fuel classes, etc.,etc.

I shot the many interviews we'll be using in the shows in Norwalk over the weekend and the racers we spoke to--the Force's, Bernstein's, Melanie, etc. gave us much of their time to reflect on the races in which they were involved and I am really looking forward to putting the shows together. The races should look fantastic in HD and the interviews I did with Bob Frey will add immeasurably to the shows with his great knowledge and wit.

I'll let everyone know when the series will be debuting on HD Theater in January 2011. Still time to get HD cable service where you live if you don't have it already!

Damn I don't have HD, Even if i went to PC Richard to buy HD TV, then I have to get the receiver which is a bad idea with DirecTV.

Awesome news and I can't wait! Glad to see HD Theater showing some drag racing! Their automotive programming is great and this will make it even better!!!

You rock Bill!!! You're the only guy on TV who can describe how a car performs by making a reference to a Ted Nugent song!!! :D

HD Theater is rapidly becoming one of my favorite channels. Same day coverage of the WRC and Bill Stephens' EXCELLENT "What's my Car Worth?" ... now throw in Season 2 of NHRA's Greatest Races ... good times.

HD Theater is going to be very ambitious when it comes to NHRA and drag racing-based programming. The top people at the network are very pleased with the audience response to such shows as The Mecum Muscle Car Auctions (the most-watched program on the network) and "What's My Car Worth" (the 4th most-watched show on HD Theater). "NHRA's Greatest Races" will be closely monitored by the HD Theater decision-makers and if the show brings significant ratings, other drag racing programming won't be far behind. In fact, there are two more drag racing projects under discussion which I can't tell you about that may be coming to another channel in the Discovery TV family which will be very cool.

If you want to see more drag racing and NHRA-based shows on HD Theater, a note to Bob Scanlon, the VP of Programming and Production at Discovery HQ in Silver Springs, Maryland wouldn't hurt.

Will there be any chance of a dvd release of the seasons? I'd buy those in a heartbeat. I dont get fsn or hd theater :(

DVD's are coming. Season I has already been placed on the drawing board and as soon as we can get them dubbed and packaged, they will be available. Season II won't be available for a while since the shows don't hit the air until January, 2011.

What channel is HD theater with Directv? I just did a search on their website and nothing came up.

DVD's are coming. Season I has already been placed on the drawing board and as soon as we can get them dubbed and packaged, they will be available. Season II won't be available for a while since the shows don't hit the air until January, 2011.

Perfect! I'll be sure to get season 1

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back