Coming Soon: The NHRA's Greatest Races (1 Viewer)

The show was shot in HD but will be shown in standard def. That's where I would record it. If you don't see the show scheduled on your Comcast Sports outlet, chances are they haven't updated their program guide. Also, as you can see from the chart I found, program times differ substantially from system to system, however, there are multiple airings scheduled on most.

I cant find it !!!! comcast ..in chicago "des plaines" ... please help

Fox Sports Net Chicago went belly up about four years ago. It is now Comcast Sports Net. They air some national Fox Sports, but it looks like we are ass out on this deal if you have DishNetwork or Comcast.

I don't know where it will be airing in the Chicago area. Anybody have a fix on that??? I would be very surprised if it's not being carried in such a large market. Comcast Sports Net New England is carrying the series out here in Massachusetts at 3:30PM Sunday.

Cox Cable in OKC has it on Fox Sports Oklahoma HD (channel 712) and Fox Sports Oklahoma (channel 37) at 11:30 Central on Sunday morning.

Can't wait to see it, Bill. Thanks for the heads-up.

An update for the Bright House subscribers in the Tampa area, the Guide shows "Best of NHRA" for channel 39, and "To Be Announced" for channel 718 at 1130am tomorrow. However as Bill mentioned, there's no advantage to watching/recording channel 718. I'll be watching/recording channel 39 :D

Fox Sports Net Chicago went belly up about four years ago. It is now Comcast Sports Net. They air some national Fox Sports, but it looks like we are ass out on this deal if you have DishNetwork or Comcast.

I have Dish Network and its on FSMW Channel 418. I am from the chicagoland area. No idea about Comcast though, sorry.

I have Dish Network and its on FSMW Channel 418. I am from the chicagoland area. No idea about Comcast though, sorry.

Yeah, but that is probably because you have a Indiana zip code. I believe your zip code is what determines what local sports programming gets fed to you.

If you have Comcast in the Chicagoland area it appears you will be not watching it. This is one of the many reasons why I dropped Comcast 3 years ago.

In the Portland area, it's on Fox Sports Northwest Comcast channel 34 @ 11:30 A.M. tomorrow. I'll be putting all of these on DVD, and hopefully the response will be good and they'll produce more than just the original 13 planned episodes.

I hope these races are showcased on the series;

Englishtown 75' (Jungle Jim's lone national event win)
Topeka 91' (Austin Doubles up)
Englishtown 91' (Tom McEwen's lone Top Fuel national event win)
Montreal 87' (John Force's 1st national event win)

and I'd really like to see something about Phoenix 92, all i remember about that race was that Pat Austin Doubled up Again, Tom Hoover won FC, Cruz Pedregon for the 2nd race in a row had a KABOOM on the starting line, and I could name the final 8 in Comp Eliminator (i haven't seen the Americas sports cavalcade episode w/the sportsman from this race in 18 years) from that race:

Bill Maropulos Vs Bob Hasse
David Rampy (Eventual winner) Vs Jeff Krug
Scott Wilcox Vs Jeff Gillette (Won pomona the race before)
and Rob Robinson (eventual runner up) Vs John Geyer

I'm pretty sure Force's first win was not televised so i'm not sure if there would be any video of it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back