Coming Soon: The NHRA's Greatest Races (3 Viewers)

Bill, Thanks for the great Christmas present. I get about a half dozen Fox Sports stations here and will have at least one of them set up on the DVR. I hope you had a good Christmas.

Carl

Thanks, Carl. Christmas was great. I hope you and the family also had a peaceful Holiday. For those who don't know him, Carl J. is one of the unsung heroes of the NHRA. For many years, he and his late wife, Carol, were two of the most beloved members of the NHRA's top-end turnaround crew. Ask any driver about them and they'll tell you how much it meant to have the Jacopek's on the job at national events when they made the turn. Special people and definitely missed by all.

Bill:

Thanks for the kind words. Carol is the one who is really missed. I was just one of the many out there folding 'chutes and cleaning up oil. She was the one the drivers looked forward to seeing.

Carl

Thanks Bill and all involved, this is the best news I've heard in a longtime. Should ease the pain of a long winter break.

I noticed the show is only a half hour long.. I take it that its more highlights than a full re-air?

I noticed the show is only a half hour long.. I take it that its more highlights than a full re-air?

I just set my DVR and noticed that too. :confused: No way an hour and a half "American Sports Cavalcade" is going to fit into a half hour. I would guess the goal would be to get people to buy the complete event show.

The series is indeed a half-hour. Each race in the series has a primary storyline and that's what we key on. The concept was not to just re-air the original telecasts as is but to tell the most compelling stories from the most memorable races and to add comments and reflections from the drivers who were involved, along with historical perspectives from Bob Frey. I think you'll find the shows very thought-provoking and revealing. There was no consideration given to future DVD sales in how the series was produced. There are no plans that I know of for the original shows to be sold as retail items.

Last edited:
for those that have set their dvr's what day are you finding it? So far I can't find it

Just a reminder, everyone. The show airs on Fox Sports Net, not the main Fox network or FX. If you receive Fox Sports Net which frequently airs scholastic stick-and-ball sports, either high school or college, international soccer matches, outdoor programing, or locally-originating sports on Comcast or another local cable supplier, that's where you need to be.

So far not finding it on the Comcast Sports Net stations that air in the San Francisco Bay Area. Can see it on other stations on Direct TV that I don't get. Hopefully it will show up in the guide before 1/3.

I hope Fox Network resolves the contract dispute with Time Warner cable soon. If not, I won't be able to watch it.

A big "Thank you" to everyone posting the channel locations for the series. You may find that the title of the show has been changed by Fox Sports as listed on your Channel Guide. I suggest you do a title search on your cable setup and type in "NHRA". You may find "Best of the NHRA". There are no other shows on Fox with NHRA in the title so if that's what you get, that's the show. Also, I saw that the time listed for the show on one Fox Sports channel is 3:30PM on Sunday. Not sure why that is. It's either listed incorrectly or the schedule changed. Sorry for the confusion. I'll try to get more info after New Year's. In the meantime, if anyone else gets a fix on the time and Fox Sports channel the show is scheduled for in their area, please pass it along.

Didn't see this mentioned, but FSN has an HD alternative channel. Will this program be available in High Definition or should I record it on the regular channel? Thanks.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back