NHRA's Greatest Races, 1978 US Nationals (1 Viewer)

Billy

Nitro Member
I hope this week everyone will be able to catch "The NHRA's Greatest Races" as the featured race is the 1978 US Nationals and the story of Snake and Mongoose meeting in the F/C final shortly after Tom McEwen's son, Jamie, passed away from leukemia. That final round is still considered the most memorable US Nationals final round in history. Check your cable listings for Sunday.

Bill,
Do you know why on some TV broadcast providers, like DirecTV, they call it "Best of the NHRA" in there on TV schedule listing?

Bill,
Do you know why on some TV broadcast providers, like DirecTV, they call it "Best of the NHRA" in there on TV schedule listing?

When the show was first proposed to Fox, the working title was "Best of NHRA". The name has since changed but the network hasn't updated the title on their program guide.

I hope this week everyone will be able to catch "The NHRA's Greatest Races" as the featured race is the 1978 US Nationals and the story of Snake and Mongoose meeting in the F/C final shortly after Tom McEwen's son, Jamie, passed away from leukemia. That final round is still considered the most memorable US Nationals final round in history. Check your cable listings for Sunday.

I was actually there and it being 1978 pre-vcr and living in Canada was not able to record it and have always wished to re-live the weekend.

In Canada we do not have access to Fox Sports Network and will not recieve the broadcast.Is there anyone who would record it and send me the DVD. It would greatly be appreciated!...... [email protected]

Last edited:
I was actually there and it being 1978 pre-vcr and living in Canada was not able to record it and have always wished to re-live the weekend.

In Canada we do not have access to Fox Sports Network and will not recieve the broadcast.Is there anyone who would record it and send me the DVD. It would greatly be appreciated!...... [email protected]

Each of the shows will soon be available on DVD for not a whole lot of money. Keep an eye on www.nhradvd.com. They should be available by March.

Bill great show and series!!

Are there any upcoming shows that have pro stock and or old sportman races. I miss the Diamon P shows on TNN that showed comp along and the alky cars.

Bill great show and series!!

Are there any upcoming shows that have pro stock and or old sportman races. I miss the Diamon P shows on TNN that showed comp along and the alky cars.

The 1983 US Nationals show, Show #1, featured the Pro Stock final between Glidden and Shepherd; Pro Stock will definitely be seen throughout the series depending on what the key story of the episode is. We also plan on showing some sportsman finals along the way, time permitting.

Great show as always, Bill. Just curious, why no comments on the show from "The Goo$e" about this event?

Dave

Great show as always, Bill. Just curious, why no comments on the show from "The Goo$e" about this event?

Dave

Due to the amount of time we had to compile the interviews, just about all of them were conducted at the Charlotte race in September. Goose wasn't there but obviously, Snake was.

Just got done watching the race on DVR, great job again Bill and thanks for giving us the classic races.

Did anyone see it in TX on FSN SW? I had both of my DVRs set but the freaking thing didn't record on either of them... GRRRRR... :mad: .... #$@% DIRECTV and their programming/guide changes.....

I missed the show today. :eek:

I was wrapped up in watching the Vikings game and forgot all about the NHRA show. :(

Did anyone see it in TX on FSN SW? I had both of my DVRs set but the freaking thing didn't record on either of them... GRRRRR... :mad: .... #$@% DIRECTV and their programming/guide changes.....

Paul, if you're have DirecTV, Ch 692 ought to work. But you have to have the Sports Pack, or whatever they call it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back