Team Orders (1 Viewer)

Team orders exist in every sport from the QB grounding the football to a team losing a game to gain a draft advantage be it the NBA, MLB, NFL or a driver losing a race/position to get a team car into the championship race or the winners circle. In my opinion Robert is leading the points and getting lots of exposure for AAA. Not winning one race wouldn't hurt the team or AAA. On the other hand Courtney winning and being reconized for the 100th win by a female would have been good for team Force and their search for new sponsors as well as associate sponsors including AAA. It happens all the time and will happen tomorrow at Indy. Good business decisions keep the team racing and give us something to discuss. On the other hand they can stand on the moral high ground and eventually stay home and watch on TV with the rest of us.

As long as there are teams there will be team orders. Some teams are better at hiding it than others. What is best for the team comes first. This will never change as long as there are teams. If the Pro teams go away, NHRA goes with them. There is nothing wrong with team orders.
I believe there should be an excepted way to "PASS" or "FORFIT" a rd. when these situations occure. Towing to the line and going thru the motions are what ticks the fan off. I believe the rule book bans his. (don't have a book, so not sure). By being able to "PASS" the other racer can A) save his/her
equipment, B) take a free shot at the track. It also saves the car "PASSING" from the cost of fireing the car, then having to do between rd. maint.
You also don't risk an oil down from a car thats not going down the track, so you save that cost, and time.
I echo John....... "There is notthing wtong with team orders" . Just don't force them to BS the fans.

Don admitted it during a time when there wasn't any rules saying that you couldn't dive......now that there are, JFR couldn't do so! Apples and oranges.

Fair point, but Force gets so po'd and fighting when it's brought up. I get that he can't say yes, but the massive denial makes it worse.

Can a driver forfeit a race after a win? I've never seen that. However, I agree with you. Courtney is a professional race car driver and I'm sure she wouldn't have wanted it given to her. Yes, she was upset, but like the late Vince Lombardi said, "show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Courtney is certainly no loser. She can try again in Topeka. She's running well and currently qualified at #2. She better hope someone takes out Erica, which is a tall order, and watch out for Alexis.

Like I said before, i hope it doesn't happen today and it waits 1 more week....;) Englishtown Moment.

Those that claim "team orders" in other sports are missing the point. In those sports a batter bunting or hitting a sac fly to score a runner is not the same. In the end the team scores. The points standings in NHRA do not say team Force, Schumacher, Kalitta or anyone else. When the batter does it, it scores a run for the Tigers, Yankees or Dodgers.

Those that claim "team orders" in other sports are missing the point. In those sports a batter bunting or hitting a sac fly to score a runner is not the same. In the end the team scores. The points standings in NHRA do not say team Force, Schumacher, Kalitta or anyone else. When the batter does it, it scores a run for the Tigers, Yankees or Dodgers.

PJ, with all due respect, I think your missing the point. When a batter lays down a bunt to advance a runner for the "team" how is that different than a driver laying down on a pass for the good of the "team"? If it gets a new sponsor or gets a team mate in the countdown more power to them. I see it as the same thing. "In the end the team scores". As long as you allow multiple cars on a team it is exactly the same no matter if we like it or not. If you don't want team orders get the rules changed so there is only one car per team....and that ain't going to happen.

W/L Driver R-Time E-Time Speed

(W) Courtney Force (Traxxas Mustang) 0.081 4.148 306.46
(L) Cruz Pedregon (Snap-on Tools Camry) 0.104 4.225 250.60

4:02 p.m. Pedregon is 4 - 3 against Force in prior events and Pedregon is 2 - 0 against Force in prior final rounds. This is his first final round this year.
Force is 3-6 in final rounds, 0-1 this year, last week in Atlanta where she lost to Robert Hight. If she wins it will be the 100th win for a female driver in the Pro classes.

Force gets out of the gate first and starts to pull away. Pedregon starts reeling her in, almost pulls even at the 330 foot mark, then hazes the tires late in the run and falls back. Force goes right down the groove, takes the win and the celebration begins.

I was one of Reinhart's idiots who spent a day and night in Commerce, Georgia during a rain delay just to see Ashley Force get her first Funny Car win vs. her dad in the opposite lane. Who's car of course moved about 1 inch before the he went up in smoke.

Last edited:
I was one of Reinhart's idiotos who spent a day and night in Commerce, Georgia during a rain delay just to see Ashley Force get her first Funny Car win vs. her dad in the opposite lane. Who's car of course moved about 1 inch before the he went up in smoke.

and he whomped the throttle one last time as Ashley cruised on through to history.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back