Team Orders (1 Viewer)

Muddy

Nitro Member
Funny how quiet its been about Courtney loosing the final round to Robert and missing the 100th win by a female. I wonder if it would have been equally as quiet if Courtney had won. How many on here would have screamed TEAM ORDERS?

Kinda depends how the race would have played out. If Robert drove directly out of the groove towards the wall, a'la John, yep, I would have probably thought it was a dive. If it was a good close race that Courtney won, I don't think I would have seen too many black helicopters!

facepalm_picard_1-500x328.jpg

I admit, I thought for sure he was gonna dive for her so she could get the publicity. I was wrong and am glad about it. Both raced honorably. Good job. Keep it up!

You could see she really genuinely wanted to win. Admirable. There's another race coming and another chance to win. Fight on.

I too was shocked. When it became Hight & Courtney in the final, I told my wife I'll bet $100 Courtney wins the final.
I was positive John would not let the opportunity slip passed. But I was wrong, dad let them race. :confused::confused:

I wouldn't have expected John to let Robert, who's on a real tear, throw that race for something that is really going to be just racing trivia down the road. It obviously meant a lot to Courtney, however, so you gotta give John credit for not just handing it to her.

Hmmm... Let's see. Race is on Monday, after a hellish weekend of weather and carnage.

For the most part, everyone was just trying to get through the day or make their flight home.

It was ATLANTA, after all...

I'd say, if the fix was in, it would be Court taking the dive- and waiting until Kansas to take the win so that they can roll into the NY media zoo with a big new buckle on their belt, all cowboy like....

I think Alan Reinhart went too far yesterday, calling the conspiracy theorists "idiots" over the P.A. Some of those idiots just might spend a lot of money at the races.

I was surprised too and glad for it. I also liked seeing the emotion she had. Not that I want to see someone cry, but that she really gives a damn about winning and this one meant something to her. The competitor in me like to see other competitors as I appreciate the struggle.

I wouldn't have expected John to let Robert, who's on a real tear, throw that race for something that is really going to be just racing trivia down the road. It obviously meant a lot to Courtney, however, so you gotta give John credit for not just handing it to her.
couldn't agree more. Robert needs points and this 100th win for a women is meaningful but its getting too hyped up

Robert needs points like a hole in the head... He could drift into the C/D by the time he gets to E-Town... What they will need is John's Fall tuning logbooks for reference...

I think Alan Reinhart went too far yesterday, calling the conspiracy theorists "idiots" over the P.A. Some of those idiots just might spend a lot of money at the races.

I'm rather sure the synonym for conspiracy theorist IS idiot. That is my experience. Yours may vary, and wildly so. I vote to not make the idiots feel welcome, but then that's me. I don't suffer fools gladly.

When extrapolating the unseen and unverified, then applying that to every possible outcome (space-time continuum, arrow of time, time symmetry, second law of thermodynamics etc.) then voicing those opinions as educated fact, well, it makes my head implode. Might be fun in the 'ole sewing circle, but outside of that exists reality.

this 100th win for a women is meaningful but its getting too hyped up

Not sure whether to blame the TV producers that insist on melodrama (must be their training, because across the channels they ALL seem to suffer it) or it's just something that is low-hanging fruit and since they can't be bothered with substance, they just pick the easiest stuff and recycle it ad nauseam. Either way, all it does is dilute the actual event it's trying to highlight, and at the very least, displaces the actual coverage of the actual race that I tuned-in to actually watch. By the time the 100th win happens, we will have been "celebrating" the blessed event for six months, and if anything we'll say in relief "finally, it's over". But then they'll replay it in the following 12 televised races, so it will be a short-lived relief.

Last edited:

I don't, I thought it was great. Because I knew there are those Keyboard warriors queued up to bitch and complain and that was gold

"Let's see all you haters say that the "Fix is in".."

Hence why there's not a sound from them...

With Alan, Not only does The Guy with the Microphone makes the rules, He has the power to put keyboard warriors in their place!

Some food for thought, Rob....just to play a little Devil's Advocate....Maybe if the Force camp didn't have such a legacy of, um, "arranging" races in the past, maybe we "Keyboard Warriors" wouldn't be "queued up to bitch and complain" when a situation that Force might think warrants a bit of "tweaking" presents itself....

I will admit, I assumed that it was a done deal when they both made the final. From a business perspective I understand why it happens, I also know and understand that it is not always the racers choice as sponsors have been known to step in as well. As a competitor I hate it though.

Once you have dive on your resume, it is hard to assume a race will be straight up when something important is on the line. Even when it is a legit failure, people will always question. After the Indy debacle and Tony P's comments of his history, it is hard to not question. What is the old saying, it takes years to build a reputation and seconds to lose it. Seems to fit here.

I am glad that they went all out on this and hope that they are building a new reputation.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back