Mike Neff -title hopes includes both teamates (1 Viewer)

nitrobobby

Nitro Member
if he wants to win the title-good chances he would have beat john force and robert height -team orders???

With JFR I would expect team orders to take a dive and advance a JFR team member.
Just the opposite that I would expect from DSR. No team orders there.

You are assuming they all make it out of the first round....that hasn't exactly been happening alot lately

While it won't be on Neff's car, maybe it's time for Danny Hood to start practicing the crew chief role.....

If the thing went down, there would be big trouble ... maybe not a good idea.

No hating, just stating the facts. If I was in Force's shoes with the same sponsor on 2 cars I would do the same. I don't have to like it, but it is reality.

TBH back in 2007 when Morgan beat Melanie and took her out of the top 8 I said to my dad, "I know it sounds ridiculous but Morgan should have let her win."

It know team orders suck for the fans but sometimes business needs come first....

TBH back in 2007 when Morgan beat Melanie and took her out of the top 8 I said to my dad, "I know it sounds ridiculous but Morgan should have let her win."

It know team orders suck for the fans but sometimes business needs come first....

exactly

and I think that the majority of the fans are realistic enough to understand the situation too...

This is one of those cases where I'm torn. I fully understand both sides.

JFR has an obligation to try to do the best for his sponsors. I'm sure his pitch to his sponsors includes something akin to "we'll do whatever it takes to get the world championship for the car with your logo on it." I'm also sure they have discussed the team orders issue with his sponsors, and made their stand on it clear.

DSR clearly has the opinion that he'll ask each and every team to do their very best and won't ask anyone to sacrifice for a teammate. I'm sure his pitch to his sponsors includes something akin to "we'll do the utmost to win the most possible rounds for the car with your logo on it to maximize your exposure." I'm also sure they have discussed this with their sponsors and explained that every race is a heads up race.

I can make an effective case for either one. For me, it's not so easy to choose as some people make it.

I can make an effective case for either one. For me, it's not so easy to choose as some people make it.

Yep..

And the corporate pressure put on these teams has to be immense. It'd be pretty tough to tell a sponsor that is paying you 7 figures why you didn't have a teammate that is out of the championship take a dive against the guy that could win it all with their sponsorship on the side.

It'd be pretty tough to tell a sponsor that is paying you 7 figures why you didn't have a teammate that is out of the championship take a dive against the guy that could win it all with their sponsorship on the side.

Exactly. And then there's the other side. I'm sure the sponsor of the team that is out of the championship would love the exposure and noise that would be generated by taking down someone in the hunt. Just when they thought they'd never get another minute of exposure, they get all the noise surrounding the championship. How cool for them.

As I said, I can make either case.

Well if Matt Hagan makes the final round it's all a moot point anyways, he's the champ. There's always a chance for a record, but if Neff hasn't run at least a 4.033 by the semi-finals he's out of it. Actually. If Neff wins the finals over Hagan and sets the record they would be tied. Not sure who wins the tiebreaker. Spencer Massey and Antron Brown meeting in the top fuel final is the only way you'd have a winner take all showdown in that class. Eddie Krawic just needs to make it to round 2 and he's the champ in PSB. The way the ladders fall we should know by the semi-finals how this will all play out.

Also - playing the what if game... Let's say everyone in contention except Hight and Neff lose in round 1. Hight and Neff race in the semi-finals. Neff at that point is tied for the lead, and Hight has a chance for the title by winning the race. Do they let them run heads up then?

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back