My Win Or Forget It Countdown line. 2 Races Left. (1 Viewer)

Rat

Nitro Member
2 races left: 300 Points on the table, A first round out for anyone other than Jason Line is going to kill anyone's hopes.

PRO STOCK MOTORCYCLE

1 Eddie Krawiec 2466 (his year if he is on time and the bike does not start bogging like it used to)
2 Hector Arana Jr. 2456 (-10) (easily in it, especially if Eddie is late in rounds that count)
3 Matt Smith 2369 (-97) (could finally add another title to his 2007 one)
------------------------------------
4 Karen Stoffer 2319 (-147) (In with some REALLY good luck and early out's from top 3.)
5 Andrew Hines 2286 (-180) (out)

Pro-Stock

1 Jason Line 2505 (He could lost the first round the next 2 races and still clinch in pomona, unless greg sets 2 national records, can clinch in Vegas if he matches what greg does, or even if greg goes 1 round further. Lucky tho, cause his 2005 and probably 2011 title were won with the car workin hard and the R/T's being less than steller with many hioleshot losses.
-------------------------------
2 Greg Anderson 2317 (-188) (Unless his teammate DNQ's which seems almost impossible, he's out of it)

Funny Car

1 Jack Beckman 2362 (this team has been surprising, they been in it alot, they cooled off alot, now there in the best place they can be. Tobler is smart and I think he can do this.)
2 Matt Hagan 2357 (-5) (Both Beckman/Hagan have shown to have cars that run great one week, and unexpectantly bad the next. If Hagan is strong in vegas, he'll pass Jack.)
3 Mike Neff 2340 (-22) (He's Mike Neff, 1 and 2 still fear him cause when he's back on his game, you will not beat him.)
4 Cruz Pedregon 2314 (-48) (The recent first round loss really hurt them. They are going to need the advantage they have in performance and keep it, they failed this weekend. He wants a 3rd title he MUST have a car that does not go out early. We are talking -48 out, but with 3 TOUGH teams ahead of them, They wont all go out early. They need at least a semi-final in Vegas, Given they gain a round or 2)
5 Robert Hight 2304 (-58) (They been too inconsistant, if the Prock rocket rocket's they may just win a title without the 09 drama.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6 Jeff Arend 2239 (-123) (for both Arend and capps, it's not impossible, but I dont see it happening
7 Ron Capps 2223 (-139) (the DNQ really, really hurt his chances big time)

Top Fuel:

1 Antron Brown 2420 (when they are on their game, they are almost impossible to beat, This really could be his first ever championship. It's incredible with one more win he will equal his PSB win total with 16.)
2 Larry Dixon 2405 (-15) (You can never count them out, not much I need to say, Happy 57th wedding Anniversary to Everett and Agnes Johnson, 2 of the nicest people you'll ever meet.)
3 Spencer Massey 2400 (-20) (A DNQ with a 60 point lead was not the worst thing in the world. I say the DNQ really had no effect other than -20 points. They can win the title if they perform like normal. This car has the power, it's all about what they do with Vegas.)
4 Del Worsham 2374 (-46) (this car has Alan Johnson, It has the perfomance capabilities we have seen, They are NOT out of it)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5 Tony Schumacher 2334 (-86) (Never before would I of put an -86 out the lead team out of it, but this year is different. -86 is not impossible but when you need to rely on the outcomes of 4 powerhouses when you have yet to win a race? Odds are slim, but it is Mike Green and if he can get the car dominant in the next race, he enters Pomona with hope. I would just like them to win a race.)

Last edited:
Hector Arana Jr. will win this one, he was right last night, he's unbeatable, he sure is peaking at the right time.

Jason Line....it's a done deal, he's our 2011 Pro Stock Champion.

Funny Car is tough, my hope is that Zippy get's his MoJo back for these last two races, but this one will definitely go down to Pomona.

Top Fuel is tough too, a week ago most everyone thought Dixon was out of it, but WOW, what a difference one race can make. I'm still pulling for Worsham though, I think he would make an awesome Champion.

I agree with your Funny Car line. I thought Dunn was wrong in his line. Come on Dunn Damn it, It's Funny Car!

I don't get how Mike Dunn makes his line. I respect his opinion, yes but I think he counts out some teams before he really should. I admit, I never saw where the current Do or Dunn line is now, but i'm guess he's tougher than I was with mine.

The same way you made yours. It is his opinion. He is paid to analyze the NHRA and its races. Part of being in analyst is giving your qualified opinion.

I completely understand it, I just feel like he does not look at the whole picture. His do or dunn line is usually right when the top performing teams continue performing at a top level. I feel i'm being a little more realistic and showing what teams actually have a shot outside of what Mike says.

I completely understand it, I just feel like he does not look at the whole picture. His do or dunn line is usually right when the top performing teams continue performing at a top level. I feel i'm being a little more realistic and showing what teams actually have a shot outside of what Mike says.

Realism is relative. Could anyone predicted Spencer's DNQ AND a Dixon win to change the game as much as it did?

A couple of weeks ago it was a different animal: http://www.nitromater.com/nhra/29190-do-dunn-line.html

I don't get how Mike Dunn makes his line. I respect his opinion, yes but I think he counts out some teams before he really should. I admit, I never saw where the current Do or Dunn line is now, but i'm guess he's tougher than I was with mine.

I think what gets lost is he says "DO" something THIS race or ELSE you are "DUNN". At least that is how I see it. But it is just his opinion.

Dunn leaving Pedregon and Hight below his line may come to be a reality after Pomona2, however, it's Funny Car. I can see anyone in the top 5 lighting the tires in Round 1 anywhere!

- hight win @ reading with others out early
- cruz win in texas
- massey(1) dnq w/dixon(5) win
- even jason's first rnd. loss yesterday
- #1 spot changes hands on bonus pts.

anything is possible within about a 100 pt. spread per race

Good point Mike.

Maybe some of us are looking at Mike Dunn's line as "possible" or "we'd like to see it" and Mike is just giving his opinion on who will win.

Doesn't really matter either way.

You might as well hand Jason Line the check and trophy now LOL....

In TF and FC, pretty much anyone can win it between 1-5.

Registered member said:
2 races left: 300 Points on the table, QUOTE]

You forgot about Qual. points.

No I didn't. Anyone earning the full 300 is at the next 2 races qualifying # 1 low et each round of qualifying and setting 2 national records and last but not least, winning both:

10+10+8+8+12+12+100+100+20+20=300

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back