Updated Countdown vs Old Points (1 Viewer)

Once again, another great post. Once the sponsors come in, the Team owners like Hendricks, Rousch, Ganassi would all want a finger in it. Not sure if that's a bad thing, but I can tell you what is a bad thing...................all Major League sports have priced the common man right out of attendance. That's exactly where this would head if it really took off. NFL tickets are totally outrageous, and when you do get your hands on one, it's in the nose bleed section. Same with NASCAR tickets, anything the Average Joe can afford, they can't see the action. I guess it's true what they say, "Be careful for what you wish for!"

Ya'll just asked the questions I've tried to raise all season...
I don't want the kids to grow up... not if we don't have to...
Surprise, I was happy when the race showed up 3 weeks later on TNN in the 80's, I was happy in the 90's reading a week old copy of N/D... by the late 90's I could find out what was happening on-line....

Drag Racing isn't Main Stream, never was... takes a slightly bent mindset to really understand it... life happens 1320 feet at a time, has for the last 40 years... my dad never understood it, my wife hates it, only my youngest understands dad's problem (took him with me to the track when he was little), but I think my grandson Danny gets it... he will sit quietly in my lap on Sunday nights watch, he'll be quiet in my office listening to the Audiocast... For some reason, he like Reinhart's voice... and he's only 18 months

But, you get it or you don't... and all the Coors in Denver won't change that...

d'kid

Surprise, I was happy when the race showed up 3 weeks later on TNN in the 80's,

It was a Sunday afternoon tradition in my house to turn on American Sports Calvalcade on TNN when I was growing up in the mid-late 80s and early 90s. We would watch the intro with baited breath hoping that it was an NHRA National Event. Sometimes it was tractor pulling. Sometimes it was mud boggers getting caught in a sippie hole. Sometimes it was winged sprinters from Wiliams Grove or Eldora. But sometimes it was Dave Mac and Steve Evans and it was pure joy. Sure the show was only an hour and you usually only got to see the semis and finals with selected highlights of the early rounds and you NEVER got to see anything from qualifying unless it was a crash or a National record. It's amazing the things I remember ... Kenny Bernstein's Batmobile and his permed hair ... would John Force EVER win a race ... could anybody beat Glidden ... Eddie Hill in the 4's and the subsequent race to be the first over 300 ... many thought Don Garlits was finally "past it" and then Swamp Rat XXX got enshrined in the Smithsonian and the Monostrut came along shortly after ... the Dodge Boys finally putting an end to Gliddens dominance ... places that aren't around anymore, the Cajun nationals just sounds like it would have been cool .... Joe Gibbs retired from football to run race teams?!?!?

Ya'll just asked the questions I've tried to raise all season...
I don't want the kids to grow up... not if we don't have to...
Surprise, I was happy when the race showed up 3 weeks later on TNN in the 80's, I was happy in the 90's reading a week old copy of N/D... by the late 90's I could find out what was happening on-line....

Drag Racing isn't Main Stream, never was... takes a slightly bent mindset to really understand it... life happens 1320 feet at a time, has for the last 40 years... my dad never understood it, my wife hates it, only my youngest understands dad's problem (took him with me to the track when he was little), but I think my grandson Danny gets it... he will sit quietly in my lap on Sunday nights watch, he'll be quiet in my office listening to the Audiocast... For some reason, he like Reinhart's voice... and he's only 18 months

But, you get it or you don't... and all the Coors in Denver won't change that...

d'kid

Karl, here's a question I've meant to ask you all season...are you related to Hunter S. Thompson (RIP)? Your thoughts, as thought provoking as they are, are scattered much like Hunter's were. Thanks for sharing your input.:cool:

Kurt,

No Fear and Loathing here... maybe in the desert heading to Los Vegas... mind never slows down enough for typing finger to catch up...

pass the Bali Hai...

d'kid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back