Taking pictures from the stands...Whit (1 Viewer)

So, in one thread, two of my top holdings, AAPL and OO are covered. Hey Jim, when you gonna take Oakley private again and pay me top dollar for my shares, lol ?

Awesome pictures !

A suggestion - Get a Mac, no viruses.... ...
Not true any more. See below.

..........and they have some of the best picture processing software in the industry.
This is true.......

[derail thread] As an aside, it doesn't matter what kind of computer you use, you'll still need anti-virus software. Although not as common as Windoze boxes, there are viruses out there that target Macs, and hackers are rising to the occasion and writing more as Macs become more common. And it's only going to get worse. I read an article in the paper a while back that featured an interview of a hacker who, irritated by Mac user's smug attitudes about viruses was devoting himself to writing them for Macs. (I wish of course, that this guy could use his ability for more constructive purposes. For some reason, he saw working for legitimate companies as giving in and "going to the dark side."):mad:

Almost all viruses can be avoided if you keep your OS system updated, both Mac and Windoze, then install an antivirus program, keep that updated, and USE IT!! I've helped several friends clean their computers out. First question I ask is "When's last time you've updated your OS?" <blank stare> "How about your anti-virus program? When's the last time you updated and scanned?" <another blank stare> It's easy to do, and both can be set up to update and scan automatically so you don't have to remember to do it.[/derail thread]

Yes, those are awesome pictures. People underestimate what's possible shooting from the stands. Use a decent lense and a monopod to steady the camera, and you can get some good stuff. These pictures prove it. Great work!!

The Mac's are awesome for graphics and stuff, always have been, but they are still the stepchild to the PC! ;)
Awesome shots what equipment did you use? i.e lense, camera etc.:)

Anyone who says you can't take GREAT pics from the stands just needs to look at these. Awesome work.

The Mac's are awesome for graphics and stuff, always have been, but they are still the stepchild to the PC! ;)
Awesome shots what equipment did you use? i.e lense, camera etc.:)
Pfft..I prefer to look at the Mac as the rich uncle to the PC.

S. Jobs is perfectly content with 4% of the computer industry..with superior hardware and a better OS..he should be.

Great pics Russell!
I'm still learning how to use my camera (Olympus Evolt 300, and I plan on getting the 500 in the near future). I also plan on taking some photography classes at our community college.

I want to purchase a Mac soon. The kids use the PC, I use my laptop and I figure I'd get a Mac too. I've heard so many good things about them. I'm going to get another computer, so why not a Mac? I plan on doing a lot of things with my photos and videos in the future.

Hope you'll share some more photo's soon Russell.

WOW! Those are great shots. What a great car to photograph. Hope you don't mind me using them on my desktop :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back